Unlimited access >

Barisone Aftermath: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity, And Then

“Lauren Kanawreck” Tee hee!

Oh, now I suppose she’s going to come after me. Well, she’ll have to come all the way to Wyoming. I mean, Connecticut. I mean, Missouri. I mean . . . France.

23 Likes

Kind of like the movie “A Time to Kill” where the main character is pushed into a situation resulting in an out of character behavioral reaction due to the aggressive action by others, including actions against a minor. The resulting out of character behavior was specific to an incident and not consistent to prior behavior nor the expected behavior in the future.

15 Likes

As a former government (city) clerical worker, I resent and refute this statement. My co-workers and I did our jobs with integrity and to the best of our abilities. We went many times beyond our allotted duties, finding and offering contacts, departments, and agencies when we weren’t the ones who could help.

My younger brother was a municipal employee, working 38 years for the county-run nursing home. He was a “kitchen worker” and offered to work (most) holidays for his fellow employees with young families. He worked hard and was very kind to the residents, stopping to talk to those who had no one else to talk to. If (g)you don’t a kitchen worker is important, I hope that you will never have a family member who has to be in an assisted-living facility.

My older brother, also, worked for the County as the Industrial Pre-Treatment Coordinator for the wastewater management system. He spent many hours of his OWN time working on and writing regulations for the industries, making sure they were in compliant and thereby, making and keeping conditions better for the citizens of the county. He is/was not like some elected official in Texas who had complaints filed against him by his own staff. Nor has my brother aided and attempted to overturn a lawful, legal election but believes everyone has the right to vote and to make it as easy as possible for all of us.

(Written here today while I am working at a voting site for a millage question.)

54 Likes

I was a government worker for 16 years, and I wholeheartedly agree with you. The work ethic I observed was stellar. All of my co-workers were ethical and hard working.

One of the things I noticed was that several of my co-workers were probably of genius mentality. I think that the government accepted and appreciated them whereas their somewhat quirky personality didn’t fit into corporate America. Just an observation.

@clanter, I believe you have done us a disfavor and owe an apology to hard-working civil servants everywhere.

33 Likes

As someone who worked for the government until last Friday, I resent this generalization. There are people who work in government agencies who are lazy, just like in ANY industry or workplace. That said, there are plenty of hardworking, brilliant people who go into civil service because they care. I calculated out all my hours over the past two years and let’s just say if I showed you my calculations? You would eat your words.

25 Likes

Perhaps clanter is referring to his own attitude??

9 Likes

Not to mention the many people who work for the government forego the much higher salary they would have earned in the private sector.

12 Likes

Oh, clanter just gets off on stirring the pot with ridiculous statements. Ignore him.

21 Likes

I’m fine with what @clanter has written. There are people in civil service who go above and beyond and there are those who don’t.

But I suspect @clanter meant that in civil service, in the presence of overwhelming public opinion, the powers that be find a way to expedite that which must be expedited.

And I’m saying this as a retired civil servant.

8 Likes

Doubtful. I’m sure he meant exactly what he said. His hatred of the government runs so deep that he was involved in helping plot the insurrection. He told us so.

20 Likes

:astonished:

That’s disturbing!

7 Likes

:eyes:

Ewwwww

10 Likes

At least in this case Clanter has a point re lazy government workers. I mean, if the cops weren’t too lazy or corrupt to do their job when MB was calling 911 for help, he wouldn’t be where he is now. But this is only one county. I know it’s not indicative of every government worker and appreciate the ones who do it for more than just a paycheck.

And where did these other Lauren “who does that” Kanarek supporters come from? We have extra on this thread that I did not see on the others that I remember.

8 Likes

Unfortunately, @clanter has said this is “universal” for government workers. And, regardless of evidence to the contrary, has not expressed any remorse for his broad generalization. I hope, at some point, someone applies an unfair label to @clanter.

3 Likes

I am not sticking up for Clanter’s post here, but Clanter gets pounced on by posters here because Clanter is male, so he is not unaware of unfair label pouncing.

4 Likes

Well I have never pounced on @clanter. While I get what you are saying, it’s another unfair generalization.

5 Likes

Clanter does not get “pounced on” because he’s male. He gets called out for his frequent habit of dropping offensive comment bombs designed to ruffle feathers, and then never coming back to actually discuss his position.

34 Likes

Nothing could be farther form the truth. Clanter gets pounced on because he loves to stir the pot by making offensive and often ignorant comments.

27 Likes

I am not sticking up for Clanter, I said that already. Do I need to use all caps.

I have seen people call Clanter out for being male, in a way that implies male is a negative. (This does not mean Clanter is not also called out for posting things people do not like.)

Again, not sticking up for what Clanter said here, I am just responding to the post that someone wants people to apply an unfair label to Clanter.

(I don’t think Clanter cares about having an unfair label applied.)

No need to pounce on me. I am responding to ONE post.

4 Likes

Why do people characterize responses to posts as “pouncing?” People make posts. Other post comments / thoughts in reaction to the first post. That’s how discussion boards work, now?

8 Likes