Barisone/Kanarek Legal Filings (Public Record)

That’s a good theory. I did do a double take at that part of the deleted post b/c if a lawyer was involved in negotiations for an unlicensed contractor to be paid a lot of money for contracting work - I mean, what?

10 Likes

I don’t think you are MHs college roommate, but if you were a close personal friend of MHG, that would make you one of the few people who is a close contact with one of the principals, and it would shed light on your general perspective on the case.

1 Like

You owe me a keyboard wipe. Literally laughed out loud.

4 Likes

There something there about JK. It makes no sense that she would delete that post otherwise. Also, if it was a matter of someone doing it for her or talking sense to her, all her posts would have gone poof!

7 Likes

This ^^^ I wonder if there was a signed document? Intriguing.

6 Likes

My guess: JK fronted the money for the renovation (probably nowhere near 50k) then found out RG wasn’t licensed and knew he wasn’t getting any of it back. I’d be surprised if there was a contract before the work started. But I can’t think what would explain the final explosion

7 Likes

I wonder how the phone call reportedly of LK screaming at her dad while walking down the driveway just a few days before the shooting fits in, or not. There is no telling what all was going on. We can only imagine living in that kind of charged atmosphere.

12 Likes

I would be surprised if there wasn’t a contract. A contractor bid is an essential element of a renovation and is essentially a contract between contractor and owner that describes the full scope of work and payment.

6 Likes

I wonder if that was the document, “piece of paper”, MB was trying to get them to sign when he called 911? It was obvious that piece of paper was important to MB that they sign it. So much drama all around. What a nightmare.

7 Likes

Wait what? I missed that. LK was screaming at her dad on the phone?

I just re-realized LK is my age… I keep thinking she’s 20

14 Likes

It was waaaaayyyyyyy back in one of the much earlier threads. I can’t remember exactly which one. I remember thinking I never in a million years would yell at my dad on the phone or any other way.

5 Likes

LK made specific references to dollar amount at some point: like separating jobs so they didn’t cross over the threshold for needing a permit. Would JK have advised on that work around? If so, he would be in at least an embarrassing professional position if not something more.

6 Likes

Very possible. It makes zero sense for the document to have been about MB raising his prices. You don’t need a client to sign off on that. You just type up a new contract that states it goes into effect in 30 days and that’s that.

2 Likes

There are not all that many publicly available facts, but the 4 911 calls made by Barisone in the week before the shooting are available. All the calls are linked in this thread. On one of them, MB describes LK as out in the driveway on the phone to her father, screaming. I’m not sure whether he was saying she was screaming at him, Barisone, or screaming on the phone.

The 911 calls also report her age in each call. 38.

1 Like

Ahh thanks. Wow, if that happened. Not going to go search for it but…

1 Like

Another thought…it would be interesting to see how the locations of these contracted repairs are matched up to the locations of the recording devices recovered from the premises.

16 Likes

I scrubbed through that call trying to figure out what he was saying. My BEST SPECULATIVE GUESS because ALL OF THIS IS SPECULATION is that it has something to do with barn hours, based on the history of 911 calls regarding them being in the barn late at night.

7 Likes

Yes but LK claims he had a document that was intended to waive all his criminal and civil liability for when he got around to actually murdering her and RG. That doesn’t exactly fit with the idea of a document acknowledging a change in barn hours either.

11 Likes

Because that’s a thing that can be done. (Sarcasm.)
”Hey I need you to sign this document saying I can kill you with zero repercussions.”

20 Likes

A good attorney would have a field day with YD.

7 Likes