Barisone/Kanarek Legal Filings (Public Record)

There was a discussion of this. I think of the charge itself, attempted first degree murder, as the biggest doll in a set of nesting Russian dolls.

The charge of attempted first degree murder requires all the actions of attempted second degree murder, plus some evidence of planning or premeditation. So if the prosecution cannot prove the planning element, but all the elements of second degree attempted murder, including intent, are established, he could be convicted of the lesser, included cause he of attempted second degree murder. So attempted second degree murder is the next smaller doll nested inside the biggest doll. Likewise, assault with a deadly weapon would be another, smaller doll. 

My understanding is that at the conclusion of the trial, the judge instructs the jury as to whether they can consider any of the included, lesser charges, in addition to the original charge. What’s less clear to me is who gets to propose to the judge what lesser charges are considered. 

So while the original charge is attempted first degree murder, I think it is conceivable that the eventual verdict could be a lesser charge (one of the smaller, nested dolls) such as attempted second degree murder. In principle, it could be assault with a deadly weapon, but I think it is going to be easy for the prosecution to establish intent.

I mean, if you’re going to say you worked so hard all of your life to get here, to own horses, to ride, to train, to compete, etc. Spill the beans and tell us your success story if you’re so proud of it. I, personally, like to hear how people have become successful. It can be interesting and I have respect for those who have worked hard.

16 Likes
  The issue of Lauren not having substantial employment now and of having access to abundant funds not earned by her to support her horse activities was not “introduced” by her. It was introduced long, long ago by “anti-LK” partisans. 

She did not “introduce the topic” as you claim; the discussion is not just a series of “follow up” questions.

Are there defenses that would mitigate intent?

Good afternoon all! Hope y’all are well and actively practicing self distancing today!

Just a reminder, trolls are why we cannot have nice things!

As tempting as it is to respond, we are all better off if we don’t! Let’s just let her spin, spin and spin!

26 Likes

groan

I think we’ve all pretty much figured out how to scroll past Yankee Doodle and ignore her, and not respond to her. It’d be great if you could to that too, LilRanger.

18 Likes
 The issue of “intent to kill” is simply whether the jury believes that he pointed the gun at her and pulled the trigger knowing that doing so could kill her. 

The defense could prevent the prosecution from establishing “intent” if they could get the jurors to believe that the gun went off accidentally in a struggle, for example. There are some posters who have provided scenarios in which Barisone was holding the gun when it went off, but the shooting was accidental.
1 Like

NO. If you don’t make it through basic at either Paris Island MCRD (where LK’s bf would’ve gone) or San Diego MCRD, he would not be a Marine by any standard, and DEF not by Any FMF or vet. I hope he is not representing himself as such unless he’s made it through BT. They don’t like that.

7 Likes

Lol, Trolls are why we cannot have nice things! I like that.

4 Likes

No, he could NEVER say he was a Marine if he didn’t make it through boot camp. All he could say is that he was at one time a recruit.

6 Likes

Maybe that’s what started this whole fiasco. Although MB seems to have been lacking in legal knowledge as far as subletting rooms.

2 Likes

Yes,I do realize that. I edited that post 4 times in an attempt to make myself clear before finally giving up. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Why are we better off? I promise I’m not trying to start anything, but some of the discussions with YD have been informative, for me anyway.

3 Likes

“I can only hope that being this obtuse is feigned because if not…bless.”

Fitz just broke my voice box from laughing so hard. Best.Post.Ever.

10 Likes

LK herself brings up HER apparent life’s accomplishments without giving us any insight into what those accomplishments are, which causes people to guess about how she can afford her horse lifestyle without lottery winnings, family support or some sort of employment.

12 Likes

Bumping. Bolding was done by me.

3 Likes

You must certainly be aware that there are a lot of Brits who live in the USA and are licensed to practice here, right? Do you know how many U.S. companies are UK-based?

5 Likes

That post is dated March 25. She did not INTRODUCE the topic, as FitzE asserted as a basis for speculating on it.

Her apparent reliance on wealth not earned by her has been brought in every single thread.

I agree with you that from what information is available, it looks like she is among the set of equestrians who have large financial resources not accrued through their own labor. I also have great respect for people who finance their riding through their own work.

But this “topic” was “introduced” by people like you who want to disparage her.

My guess is that her financial resources are family money.

1 Like

And so many US/UK qualified folks working throughout Asia, Africa, South America, you name it. Not only are many of us dual or more qualified, we practice outside any of the jurisdictions in which we are qualified.

7 Likes

The quoted post is about LIFE ACCOMPLISHMENTS. I don’t particularly care where her money comes from but I do pay attention when some trash those who have accomplished goals with hard work and time in the saddle. I have never seen or heard of any significant accomplishment of LK’s - including a touted USDF Bronze Medal. But of course, that wasn’t HER fault for only being 2/3’s Bronze - oh yeah, remember, she said she had filed complaints with USEF/USDF or any other organization who would listen about how she was wronged out of getting that medal because her trainer’s GF had posted congratulations on FB so it must have been their fault she didn’t actually earn it by the established rules all others have to follow. Whatever came of that investigation?? Nothing is ever her fault. It’s always someone else to blame for everything.

And that’s enough attention for me to give YD today.

13 Likes