Barisone- New Thread

I figured you did, just clarifying for anyone else who may not realize. It can be expensive and time-consuming even if the case is worthless.

2 Likes

there’s also those pesky fei/wada athlete drug rules so……

2 Likes

Does anyone remember when RG and separately LK gave their interviews to the cops/DA?

I think LK’s was late September/early October. Was RG’s while LK was in a coma?

I’m wondering if they had time to coordinate statements.

IIRC, RG was interviewed the night of the shooting and LK was interviewed on 9/7 (?)/19.

ETA: May have been 9/5.

2 Likes

RG was when she was a coma. LK was after she’d been released from the hospital, so they definitely had time to get their stories together.

2 Likes

I look forward to listening then :slight_smile: Please post when you’ve released it.

4 Likes

LK was on 09/05. I only remember this because Mr B said that date repeatedly when referring to her statement.

1 Like

I think it so danged unfair to throw in other charges at the last minute, after testimony and summations are finished. Balinkis was given no opportunity to mount a defense against other charges. Yes, I know judge and prosecutor hinted at a plea deal regarding lesser charges but MB and Balinkas wanted the jury to decide based on the charges presented when the trial began. My guess is that Da Judge knows the case is shaky and he is determined to get a guilty verdict for something. (And as I said before, I suspect there is a fair amount of political pressure at play here.)

17 Likes

I’m falling asleep listening to this. Can someone post when they change it up lol

5 Likes

I agree.
I think that now that aggravated assault is on the table, and self defense is off, that the jury will likely land on aggravated assault.

It’s not a “not guilty” because MB did fire the gun, but it’s not as big of a sentence of “guilty.”

The “acting knowingly…” might sway them toward NGI, but I suspect they’ll land on the middle ground of aggravated assault.

5 Likes

You’re probably right! I definitely remember early September but I had a significant work event on 9/7/19 so maybe that’s why the 7th is in my head. My other option was my dead dog’s birthday (9/16). :rofl: Talk about the vagaries of human memory…

1 Like

RegentLion It has not been proven that MB fired the gun.

13 Likes

Still not guilty. Hope he gets off with time served. Judge Thomas is an a$$hole

14 Likes

One of the charges in the indictment is illegal possession of a firearm. Even if the jury only finds MB guilty of this charge, he’s facing 5-10 years in NJ.

3 Likes

I agree with that.
I’m just expressing my feelings of what the jury will find.

I think that it’s pretty reasonable to assume that MB fired the gun, and that’s an inference that the jury may make.

The judge gave the example of seeing it snow vs seeing the snow on the ground the next morning.

Yes, of course, RG could have fired it, LK could have shot herself, both are possible since we don’t have forensics on the scene, but I don’t think those are reasonable doubts, and the jury may not either.

5 Likes

There is no forensic evidence that MB and MB alone fired the gun. There was no GSR testing on anyone’s hands, and the only two eyewitnesses who claim he fired it pretty much admitted they wanted to destroy him, plus there were inconsistencies in their stories and they lied on the witness stand. Reasonable doubt over and over again…

15 Likes

I think LK beat him with her cell phone before she was shot! Anyone else think this?

24 Likes

And yet their stories still didn’t match.

5 Likes

Is there any reasonable doubt that he illegally possessed a firearm?

2 Likes

If I was on the jury I would be asleep by now. Hope I never get called.

2 Likes