Unlimited access >

Barisone- New Thread

Hey All-

The previous thread about the trial has gotten to be pretty darn long and unwieldy, so I thought I would start a fresh one that will be a little easier to navigate. Let’s continue the conversation here and let the monster thread settle to the bottom of the page for later reference.

As a recap for anyone who has not been following closely, the jury trial for the Michael Barisone (MB for easy reference) case started on March 28th. The prosecution presented their case the first week, and the defense presented their side the second week. The last witnesses testified on Thursday, April 7th.

Today, Friday, April 8th, the jury has the day off while the judge and the lawyers discuss some legal details. The lawyers from both sides will give their summations starting on Monday, April 11th, at 9:00 AM, and then the jury will take it from there to decide on a verdict in the case.

The whole trial has been shown live on the Law and Crime channel on YouTube, and those videos are still up and available to watch.

The news show 48 Hours has also been at the trial to put together an episode on the case that will air eventually once the trial has finished.

There has been a very spirited discussion among those of us who have been watching the trial, which has involved lots of interesting information and testimony from different witnesses, including three Olympic riders, with a combined total of (I believe) 11 Olympic appearances between them, and four Olympic medals.

Barisone himself (MB) did not testify, as he has no memory of the events of the crime, according to the defense.

Let’s continue the polite, respectful discussion of the trial here on the new thread, picking up where the giant thread left off. :slight_smile:

And… go. :crossed_fingers:

40 Likes

I have found this trial and the threads about it fascinating, mesmerizing, and a terrible time suck. I am grateful to the members here who have contributed their knowledge, both legal and personal, not to mention vacuuming.

I feel moved to comment regarding the prosecution’s expert witness who described LK as bright and creative. Although I think LK is among the worst of the worst human beings, I do think she is bright and creative. Unfortunately, she turned these assets into weapons aimed at the destruction of others.

48 Likes

Terrible time suck is a perfect description of the BB in general, but especially the threads on this subject! Lol.

20 Likes

I have another question regarding the psychological examination. When someone is examined by a psychiatrist or psychologist for a court case, do they know whether the clinician has been hired by the defense or prosecution? Is their counsel present?

1 Like

I don’t have a knowledgeable answer, but I did hear SchlessingStache say to Bilinkas “well you were there, in the room, you could have recorded how long it was”. So I would imagine he at least has a lawyer present, whether he knows which side they are for or not.

9 Likes

Pathological liars are often quick thinking & ingenious.

39 Likes

Very valid point!

5 Likes

1000%

5 Likes

I was about to say the same thing.

That thought had never crossed my mind regarding the effect it would have on the legal bills if the lawyer is also present for all the expert witness interviews. Yikes.

1 Like

As I have said about one of my nieces, “Yes, she’s a genius, unfortunately she is an evil genius.” (I have not spoken to this niece since 2009 and my life is much better for it.)

16 Likes

Double ditto.

2 Likes

I watch a bunch of true crime stuff and I frequently say that if these people would use their brains for something good they would for sure be making the world a better place.
So many smart people do slimy things.

23 Likes

It would be interesting to see how many would change their vote now that the trial is over (except for closing arguments).

4 Likes

Barisone’s counsel was present for the prosecution’s psychological evaluation.

6 Likes

You can change your vote in the poll, so maybe a better question would be who has already changed their vote?

3 Likes

I wonder if Judge Taylor excused jurors today so he could watch Tiger play?

22 Likes

LOL at NP for using this trial as an opportunity to pimp his book but tags the wrong one.

19 Likes

OK… let’s try to type slowly in here today people… it took me 1/2 the night to catch up to the end of the other thread. I’m through Simring as far as the trial and trying to watch live today.

15 Likes

Thanks! I didn’t realize that was possible.

Ah just so you know, court is not in session today. They judge and attorney’s are discussiong legal matters so it will resume live on Monday at 9.00 for closing statements.

2 Likes