Barisone Trial Starting Monday, 3/28

I was actually thinking last night, this would be a great book, if told from MBs perspective. Or MHGs maybe?

4 Likes

Are we allowed to guess the “top 5 global law firm” that LK references?

5 Likes

meanwhile, my biological clock is ticking like this /stomp…stomp…stomp

7 Likes

Can I just waive in?

1 Like

Like this?

3 Likes

So, I just on the Law and crime you tube page and it appears that Lauren’s and Rob’s testimony for the prosecutor is hidden/private. I can see the cross examination. Anyone know where I can go to watch the other testimony?

With some of the comments people made about Bilinkas not being at the top of his game early on, I wondered… how long has this court been back to in person trials? Is it possible this is one of his first trials in front of a live judge and jury in quite a while? These last few years have taken a lot out of us…

I found this old (2016) article where he comes off as very competent and articulate – interstingly the case is a bit similar in that it had a lot of pre-trial publicity and speculation.
https://www.dailyrecord.com/story/news/local/morris-county/2016/03/27/defense-attorney-100-percent-sure-vanessa-brown-would-be-acquitted/82254094/

1 Like

If MB is found not guilty, then I think he can actually partner with someone good and write a book… and profit from it.

That would be an interesting plot twist.

FWIW, I didn’t follow this case closely until a few days ago, and never participated much in Barisone threads. I really tried to avoid developing a firm opinion before it went to trial… because after all… she got shot and nearly died.

But wow… the whole thing is just awful. And I will admit to hoping now that MB is found not guilty, and gets whatever social/emotional/mental health support he needs following this awful situation. The whole thing is stunning.

28 Likes

I am to view all testimony from LK/RG on YouTube. No issues. Search “Michael Barisone trial.”

3 Likes

I haven’t been able to watch much of the testimony today, but the heart wringer for me was watching the building inspector lady describe MB as a “confident, dignified, elegant man” before the August incidents and then looking at him with a clear “and look at him now” sad glance over to where a disheveled, hunched over Michael is silently crying. Just awful.

33 Likes

consider the sources…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaecL0sbwTM is some of RG’s direct just on a quick search.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaecL0sbwTM is the start of LK’s.

1 Like

Re: the hidden feed, I think the judge has likely ordered this because LK won’t stay off the Internet and he doesn’t want her coaching herself, to be honest. I bet it will come back up once the trial is over.

4 Likes

Did the Barisone case have a lot of pre-trial publicity? I didn’t realize it was that famous outside the horse related set.

Although I guess it must have gotten some attention in order to get the crime channel coverage. Is it just because MB has the Olympic connection? Surely people get shot every day without a news crew following up on it.

1 Like

Just turn him over to the hay guy—he’ll make it better!

7 Likes

Wow…I’m watching the replay of this morning. That attorney, apparent “ear witness”, is an absolute ass. How unprofessional and combative. Do all these nasty people hang out together or have weekly get togethers to practice being real jerks?!!

22 Likes

Last week I heard the various legal talking heads give at least three different ages for MB ranging from 54 to 59.

I don’t really care exactly how old MB is, but if they can’t get that extremely basic fact right, what else are they getting wrong?

11 Likes

I guess the cray cray involved and the absurdity of it all, and now of course, the CRAY-CRAY and vindictiveness…

3 Likes

if you are nice you don’t associate with jerks…
Birds of a feather…

10 Likes

Agreed.

Ditto for the hay guy, who said pretty much the same thing in his own way.

3 Likes