Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

I was probably looking in wrong place. I searched under portal.njcourts.gov. It didnt bring up the page with docket number like the civil case, it just went directly to the charges filed under the person’s name.

Every time I try to use that website, I get an error, so you got farther than me!

2 Likes

If you look at the order forms I linked up above, there’s this paragraph here:

“This order requires the prosecutor to provide the Office of the Court Coordinator at the designated State hospital with a copy ofthe court order and the examining psychiatrist with discovery in the matter…”

So, some poor soul in the prosecutor’s office has to get all that together (19,000+ pages of social media, untold recordings, 3 experts’ reports, etc…) and provide it to the State hospital, and the examining psychiatrist. God have mercy. (They still need to get the show on the road, but some shrink at the State hospital is trying to make sense of 19,000+ pages of Bob).

11 Likes

Since Krol was not in custody and was instead “at large in the general population,” would that decision apply to MB?

As for the 30 day/60 day thing - is it possible that Judge Taylor was referring to the actual code (which may specify 30 days - ?), and the Krol decision is something different?

INAL, so I don’t really know what I am talking about. :smile:

1 Like

He may need his own services by the time he is finished going through all that… :upside_down_face:

12 Likes

Ugh. The list of people being tortured by those 19,000 pages just continues to grow. Which will continue to happen all throughout the civil proceedings as well. Yikes.

4 Likes

Whoever it is, they can start a support group with Dr Simring.

8 Likes

I’m holding out hope that whoever has to read it figures he’s suffered enough, time to go home and hook back up with his old therapist or something.

15 Likes

I think everyone who is subjected to that stack of material should just cite Dr. Simring’s precedent of only looking at 100 pages of it as a fair representation of the whole pile.

8 Likes

Also, this is a horrible math word problem.

But does anyone know if it is 19,000 pages with one post per page? Or is it 19,000 pages with multiple posts on each page? That seems like a terrible possibility which had not occurred to me at the start.

Either way, add killing an awful lot of trees for all those pages times however many copies are needed for the various legal proceedings to the existing list of bad deeds.

4 Likes

I think the prosecutor’s office has it all on CD’s and it’s up to the recipient to print what they need.

In SGF was seeking to compel the prosecutor’s office to turn that over to them, there was some mention of the volumes of disks that had to be copied.

FWIW, I’ve always assumed it’s broken into pages based on all related posts stay together, or all of the same date on a page, or something like that.

4 Likes

Was it Dr. Simring (?) that said he requested MB provide him a “report” of 100 pages max? That he wasn’t going to go through 19,000 pages? And then did he say that some of the pages he received were duplicates? Or was that Dr. Hasson that said that?

1 Like

I think Dr. Simring was the one who told MB to narrow it down to 100 pages.

And then I believe it was the state’s psychologist who said that a lot of the pages were duplicates. But I have not watched that testimony for a while, so I won’t swear to it.

3 Likes

Yes that was Dr Simring. And he said MB gave him 91 pages that weren’t numbered and had duplicates.

2 Likes

I am glad to know it is not just me who gets an error every time.

1 Like

Honestly, after seeing a lot of the posts here, I wonder if some of those were not actually duplicates, they were just so similar that unless you did a line by line analysis, you would think they were duplicates. :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

just wave it off when the Fed Ex truck pulls in: “I can’t blame you! Now go home!”

1 Like

Interesting…in the Heard/Depp trial, each side has a specific number of hours allotted for testimony. Once that allotment is used, the judge will interrupt the trial for closing arguments to begin. Is this unusual?

You make a very good point.

4 Likes

I’m picturing law students a la How to Get Away with Murder each taking a section of those pages and pouring over them.

4 Likes