Unlimited access >

Barisone Verdict Is In: Not Guilty By Reason of Insanity

For those who have been steering clear of the assorted threads on the subject, Michael Barisone was just found not guilty by reason of insanity on the attempted murder of Lauren Kanarek and the weapons charge regarding Lauren Kanarek. He was found just plain not guilty for those same charges regarding Lauren Kanarek’s boyfriend.

So now he will be going to a mental health facility where they will determine if and when he can be released back into society.

75 Likes

Wow. I really thought any outcome was possible in this case. This seems like a reasonable choice.

17 Likes

justice prevailed…

27 Likes

This was more than I expected. I thought the gun charges would stick. Or the jury would split the difference and find him guilty of aggravated assault.

This is a fair outcome. I hope he gets the help he needs and that she who will not be named learns you can’t just play with people and not have consequences because of it.
Sheilah

50 Likes

Good.

Justice prevails.

15 Likes

I’m glad as I think he should have the mental health support he needs… I hope he is able to find some peace. This whole situation is just tragic for everyone, hopefully this will allow for healing for all…

18 Likes

This whole disaster has been a tragedy for everybody involved. I am so happy for this verdict although I wish it hadn’t happened in the first place. Hopefully he can get a semblance of his life back and both he and LK can move forward with their lives. Not sure that will happen with both parties though. Leave your damn guns at home - that is my new motto!

7 Likes

GOD IS GOOD!!!
https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxn9_Kiv1J9yjmnHEOyZq8GhjIHe8wFLM-

10 Likes

I truly beleive that she who shall not be named and partner would drive anyone insane. Vicious individuals that they are.

46 Likes

Ok, out of ignorance I don’t know, can anyone tell me why he was put back in handcuffs afterwards?

2 Likes

Because he will have a sentencing hearing in May, or whatever you call the determination of placement for mental health ngi things

5 Likes

Total and absolute justice!

Well, almost… There is still the matter of Lauren Kanarek and Robert Goodwin being held accountable for their shameful, vile, and atrocious actions.

Safe Sport. USEF. Please.

74 Likes

Because he is still a a guest of New Jersey Department Of Corrections until he is transferred to the mental facility that will assess him and determine if he can be released or kept for a longer period of time. As soon as he is deemed to not be a threat, he is a free man.

He could be released as early as the date the judge set for the first review hearing.
Sheilah

23 Likes

I imagine they would need to keep him secured until he is determined to not be a danger to himself or society.

3 Likes

I question whether safe sport will reinstate Barisone.

7 Likes

I hope he gets the help he needs, and can find some peace. I had a tear in my eye as the verdict was announced.

16 Likes

My opinion only, but I think he should be taken of the naughty list. He was found not guilty. Keeping on the banned list would be discrimination based on his one time mental state once he is released back into the community.
Sheilah

70 Likes

He was found Not Guilty. He was not convicted. If he is found to be mentally stable and able to be released back into society as a free man, why wouldn’t they?

What we should be questioning is WHY they have not [yet] banned Lauren Kanarek.

80 Likes

THANK GOD.

Justice prevailed today for Michael. I hope he sues the pants off LK, the state of NJ, and everyone else.

Get well soon man. We were behind you the entire time.

40 Likes

Now that it’s been proven they drove him legally insane, can MB take some sort of legal action against LK and RG? Loss of income should be the absolute minimum I’d imagine?

28 Likes