Unlimited access >

Barisone Jury Deliberation

Taylor will be the judge. It means he has an involuntary commitment until May 17th, at which point his care is turned over to his doctor’s treatment plan. If that involves inpatient, then he’ll stay in a facility, if not then he is free to join the community under whatever restrictions his doctors determine to be appropriate. The statute read made it clear the release would be determined by his doctors and not the court.

12 Likes

I would like to see Balinkas get a cease and desist order to stop LK from harassing posts.

Both parties need a mutual order of protection as well.

26 Likes

Whoo boy! So much has gone down while I slept.

I was a bit terrified that I’d wake to a terrible verdict. I was terrifically pleased at what I found instead. The way MB was terrorised by these people was unbelievable. May he and his loved ones move forward through the rest of this process and find peace and happiness at last. May the reign of terror under which he has lived of late finally come to an end!!

I see I was much discussed in my absence. It is true that I have never PMed CH and I never shall, even as they repeatedly tagged me in bizarre accusations while I was offline. What a robust wrapping of oneself in victimhood, though. Impressive, indeed.

I have certainly clapped back at certain things. I did not mince words in my condemnation of RND and IM mocking people who work hard in food service. I found it repulsive and I 100% stand by what I said. It was not ‘vicious’. It was probably a cold slap of reality for certain types of people who think it’s fun, funny, and of no consequence to use other honest working people’s jobs as their cutesy shorthand for ‘loser’. I vehemently disagreed and will do so again. Those people were probably taken aback because they are used to people laughing along with those kinds of cutting remarks. I imagine it is quite a rude awakening when someone calls them out. Again, for folks never held accountable for their bad behaviour, it seems unjust - nay, vicious - to finally be taken to task for their own words. Thoughts and prayers.

Oh, and I’m pretty sure I was accused of being the DreadPirate, do I have that right? If so, cool, cool, cool. Avast, ye hardies, I’ll take that as a compliment! [Not to take credit, @theReal @DreadPirateRoberts, just appreciate your contributions]

Sail on!

And may the good ship Barisone find calm passage to safe harbours very soon.

48 Likes

That is unbelievable from a legal professional. All decent legal professionals know you don’t insult the jurors. I know IM already has, but he claims not to be a legal professional and, given his interpretation of the verdict up thread, I believe him.

But this guy just made a complete idiot of himself on TV. One more person attached to the Kanareks who has zero integrity. Wow. Where do they find so many? Is there a catalogue somewhere?

29 Likes

There was a lady commenter who was both a Judge and a prosecutor in her career. She said the verdict was a good one and added that it was LK/RG who drove MB insane. She said they had terrorized him.

17 Likes

Good night, FitzE. Good work being a voice of reason on the forum. Sleep well. I’ll most likely kill you* in the morning.

(*Or hire a new crew for the Revenge, in the tradition of Ryan and Cummerbund, if you actually fancy becoming a pirate captain)

18 Likes

I am not talking about Safe Sport. I am talking about the USEF Code of Conduct. It is quite clear that the social media bullies violate the USEF Code of Conduct. The experience of Mr Barisone, as well as many trainers who have been publicly bullied on a certain website, violates the USEF Code of Conduct. 19,000 pages of bullying and threats in this case alone.

18 Likes

And yet, Lauren’s mother is on the other thread telling people to not post lies.
I guess it is only OK for Bob to lie all over the place, ruining lives and being mean. No one else is allowed to say anything they do not agree with or be accused of spreading lies.

I would guess her saying this is one of her wishes so it becomes a reality. She wants to continue the torture.

How much you want to bed that Bob follows MB somewhere, then calls the police and claims he is stalking her and breaking her order of protection against her, all while flapping her caterpillar lashes to look all delicate female?

12 Likes

Cell phone in pocket & turned on with GPS tells my auto insurer whether I am the driver or passenger. I bet false accusations could be easily refuted and false reports are frowned upon.

3 Likes

I am afraid I don’t. But I did read somewhere, I think it was a report of the DA’s presser, that the Kanarek family was not present.

If I could have taken time off work I might have gone.

Susan and Lauren already have history and loathe each other. That’s why DH has been such a strong supporter of Barisone. Not out of any concern for him but simply because she hates Lauren.

IMO Susan and Lauren are two peas in a pod.

13 Likes

No, it’s still there. Other than giving you the timestamp, I’m not sure how to help you find it.

4 Likes

Well LK’s social media rantings since the verdict certainly don’t sound like someone that “could possibly train with MB again sometime in the future” as IM said … thinking she can control what state he travels to if and when he is released from the psych facility.

How has she not been blackballed by the dressage community for her behavior?

20 Likes

There’s another post on that same video where LK mocks the Dressage Hub lady’s teeth. Classy!

3 Likes

I also hope MB gets the counseling he needs to get past this and proceed with his life as a productive and decent member of society.

But I am wondering why Daughter Dearest’s loved ones didn’t do something to stop her from waging her campaign of terror against MB? Oh, wait - is it because they are just like her? And believe it is okay to terrorize someone until they relent and give you what you want? And if that is the case - just wow. It sure says a lot about their moral compass. Of course, it could be because they are afraid to deny her (because she may terrorize them until they give her what she wants - and they know what she is capable of).

24 Likes

As I stated on the other thread. Lauren craves attention and will do anything to get that no matter who’s life she ruins in the process. It is an illness for which there is no cure.

7 Likes

I can picture Rosie Greer type security around MB 24/7 for several years to come. Yes, I’m showing my age… Google Rosie Greer for reference!

12 Likes

This is why MB needs a bodyguard or to be in a group of people when out. He needs unflappable proof of not doing whatever it is she may try to lie and say he did.

14 Likes

I am envisioning RG following MB into the restroom at a show (once the USEF ban is lifted). And trying to goad him into losing his cool. Or “accidentally” bumping into/shoving MB - again to try to make him react. He will try to keep up the psychological pressure in place of LK (and where there are no witnesses, such as a restroom where they are the only occupants). All the more reason for MB to get a restraining order against BOTH of them.

13 Likes

Closing this thread and directing people to the new one now that the verdict is in.