Unlimited access >

Barn in Northern Va for adult re-rider?

Hi! I’d like to get back into riding after a long hiatus (I rode until college). I’d prefer a barn within an hour or so of Arlington, Va. Looking for a reputable place with caring instructors and the ability to learn dressage if I decide to in the future. Bonus would be a place that has leasing options. I grew up riding in CT and am a little overwhelmed with the number of options in the NoVa/Maryland area. Any help is greatly appreciated!

I would recommend A Training Vision in Catharpin. Ampara Visser is a great teacher and has several nice horses to ride (not sure about lease options). I think they have a facebook page or PM me for phone number.

I second that. Ampara is fantastic with adult re-riders (as well as many other types of riders too). She teaches out of her barn and several others within an hour of Arlington.

There’s a fair amount of crossover between the disciplines in NoVA because of the strong eventing community here, but you might have luck posting on the dressage forum if that’s your area of interest.

From Arlington consider the trip to Maryland may be easier. Rolling Acres has options for lots of riders.