Unlimited access >

Barn Name Help? :|

So we have a new horse (haven’t brought her home yet)! She is APHA registered as Eb Stars Shiver. Not sure what to give her as a barn name… :frowning: The only thing that we can come up with is Ginger and I’m really not that fond of it. :expressionless:

Here are some pictures of course. :slight_smile:

She is a trail horse that is beginner friendly and about 16hh. :slight_smile: Waiting to bring her home until we find another horse… c:

Thanks in advance.

Ebby :wink:

Of course I’ll have to run these names through my mom x) Ebby is cute! I wanted to name her Weasley… but nobody was going for that. :c Haha

No suggestions ~ but wanted to say she is lovely ~ Enjoy !

No name suggestions ~ give it a week``` a name will come to you ~

She is lovely ~ Enjoy !

I like Ebby

Mom likes Ginger more… … eck. We don’t have her home yet so it’s hard to make one up based on personality.

“Starlet”

funny, Ebby was the first thing I thought of also!

She looks (and sounds) sweet so I’d probably start with “Shug” (short for sugar) until her personality shows through and something else strikes you. Shug also pics up the “Sh” sound from Shiver.

Shug is from the Color Purple isn’t it ? (Shug Avery)
http://werecyclemovies.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/quicktime-playerscreensnapz004.jpg?w=640&h=345

[QUOTE=Equibrit;7710258]
Shug is from the Color Purple isn’t it ? (Shug Avery)
http://werecyclemovies.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/quicktime-playerscreensnapz004.jpg?w=640&h=345[/QUOTE]

In my case, Shug was from my Nana! Everyone called her that, for Sugar obviously. But I think you’re right about The Color Purple; I think Shug may have been the saloon singer.

I just suggested it because I think it would suit a “sweet” horse and I like that it keeps something familiar from the old name - the “Sh” sound. Plus, come to think of it, “sugar” is a spice, as is Ginger, the name the Mom likes.

So nothing seems to fit with her. :frowning: We are still calling her ‘the mare’ … She doesn’t seem to mind but every name we try just doesn’t fit.

Ginny! like Ginny Weasley and also like Ginger! :smiley:

I’ll try that out… see if it fits. Even though she is a mare she isn’t really… dainty. She has a large head and even larger ears. :slight_smile: