Barns in Evanston/Chicago area?

Hey everyone!

I’m moving to Northwestern in the fall for school and am looking to find a good barn in the Evanston area to keep up my riding. I will have access to a car while I’m there so I am willing to drive out a bit if need be (preferably not more than 45 mins out of Evanston)

I’d ideally like to find an eventing barn since I train mainly in dressage and jumper. If anyone knows of any good dressage barns in the Evanston area I’d be happy to ride there as well. I’m just really not interested in riding at a hunter barn or training hunter. The Northwestern equestrian team trains hunter so that’s off the list.

The only barn I know of in the area is hunter/jumper barn Freedom Woods, if anyone has any feedback on how that barn is that would be greatly appreciated as well!

The eventing pro I work with works out of a barn in Elgin. She doesn’t have a school horse program per say but has tons of sale horses you could ride and take lessons on. I also have a nice dressage/eventing hony that I would like to have someone ride once or twice a week. Check out her website in my signature and/or PM me for more info.