Unlimited access >

Barns in southern wisconsin

Hey!

I’m moving in November to southern Wisconsin. and with that, I’m looking for new hunter/jumper farm:(. I don’t mind having to do turnout, but the barn should have an indoor and outdoor WITH jumps, I can’t provide them. I’ve got an amateur jumper(jumps 4’3’’ at shows) and I would prefer to have him stay on his electrolyte meds, although it’s not needed.

What I’d prefer
-Outside during the day, inside at night. Outdoors 24/7 and indoors 24/7 are OK.
-If turned out 24/7 or during the day, turned out in GRASS ONLY.
-A good trainer, even just to supervise my jumping, they don’t even have to coach.
-Clean barn, 12x12 stalls or more, no 10x10.

No no’s
-Drama, no drama.
-No drugging my horse unless I approve.
-Abuse, just please no.
-Rude people.

What I need
-Turnout, my horse needs turnout, I can come and do it, I just need to have access to a grass paddock.
-Jumps
-A trainer.
-Nice people.

Thanks so much for helping me with this stressful journey, guys!:no::no:

Can you be more specific what area you’re looking at? Western vs. eastern can make a big difference.

Brighton Farm in Antioch, IL. There’s a fantastic H/J trainer there and it’s one of the more reasonably priced barns in the area. Footing is fantastic, facility is lovely but not ridiculous. Great turnout, huge stalls.

[QUOTE=izzy98;8759194]
Can you be more specific what area you’re looking at? Western vs. eastern can make a big difference.[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much for responding. I only now realize I was being very vague. I’m looking for barns in south east Wisconsin, I’m willing to travel up to 25-30 minutes

I am not really familiar with WI geography, but if Watertown is the right area check out http://kdsporthorses.com/training-boarding/

Just a head’s up because you mentioned a trainer that’s more just supervising than coaching- all the barns I know of in this area do not allow jumping outside of lessons so you will need to pay for lessons if you’d like to jump.

Would you be open for an eventing barn? I recently moved from a H/J barn to an eventing barn and adore it, located in Southeastern Wisconsin not that far from Milwaukee. Provides everything else you’re looking for.

I live in the Milwaukee area… How south are you talking? Milwaukee south or Illinois border south? If you live fifty minutes away (I suppose that is a reasonable commute) from Milwaukee, I have the barns for you. :slight_smile:

SE Wisconsin leaves you pretty wide open. Sunflower Farms in Bristol might be a fit depending on your location.

Are you looking for barns in IL? or would you rather stay in WI?

I would not mind an eventing barn, I’m about an hour from Milwaukee, thanks guys!

[QUOTE=ChunkyMonkey;8761290]
Would you be open for an eventing barn? I recently moved from a H/J barn to an eventing barn and adore it, located in Southeastern Wisconsin not that far from Milwaukee. Provides everything else you’re looking for.[/QUOTE]

Hey Chunky, can you PM me the details of the eventing barn? Sorry to thread jack but I’ve been looking for one of those for awhile :stuck_out_tongue:

Twisted, you should talk to Mark Aplin (Stowaway Hunters/Jumpers)! I would highly recommend him. He used to be the IHSA team coach at Madison, and he trains people for the jumpers. He seems to have a lot of connections in the horse world.

You won’t find one. You are looking for a unicorn. Trust me. I’ve had to quit riding because of it.

Don’t listen to ^ that person. They notoriously troll these types of threads for Willinois barns. There are a lot of great facilities.

http://www.springwillow.com/ is in Paris Corners (Union Grove). Easy access to the highway. Adults, amazing equine care, trainer, grass fields and all weather paddocks. I used to board there and work there, and would board there again in a heartbeat if the commute wasn’t so long from where I work.

Bristol Horse Country is a group on facebook, which covers a lot of the horse area on the borderlands in SE WI.

[QUOTE=spaceagevalkyrie;8763109]
Hey Chunky, can you PM me the details of the eventing barn? Sorry to thread jack but I’ve been looking for one of those for awhile :P[/QUOTE]

PM sent!

Second the Spring Willow recommendation.