Unlimited access >

Barns near Campbell, CA

Hello!

I just moved to San Jose from outside of Boston and have been searching around for a barn to suit my needs. I will be working in downtown Campbell, so I’d love to find a place semi-close by. I’m not all that familiar with how traffic works around here (other than knowing it’s a total drag), so any suggestions are welcome.

About me: I’m an intermediate adult ammy who has been showing consistently at the 2’6" level (though I dabbled in the 3’ as a junior), and I’m pretty happy there. I’d look to move up if I had the right program, but I’m not overly focused on it. I don’t have a horse, so I’d need a place with nice (enough) lesson horses or possibly a lease program.

The kicker, of course, is that I’d love to find a place on the more affordable side, while still receiving good instruction. I’d love to show, but it’s not a total necessity.

Does the COTH collective have any ideas? Anyone to definitely stay away from?

Thanks!

I would recommend Susan Crenshaw. er barn, Ligara Farms, is in Morgan Hill.

Aaargh. Can’t edit my post. It’s supposed to read “Her barn…”

Happy to make some recommendations - I live in Campbell, too!

PM/email might be easier. Send me a PM with your email & I’ll get you some good options. Are you going to be working full-time, and what type of hours? If so, that will limit options since many barns aren’t open/teach in the evenings…but there are some that day - and of course weekends.

Assume that you will be driving at minimum 25 minutes and more likely 35-45 minutes to get to the barn from Campbell (more like 1 hour if you are going after work).

Quickly, for places that have part-least & lesson options for horses going 2’6", look into:

• Toni and Colin McIntosh - McIntosh Stables (Ladera/Portola Valley)
  • Ali Kermeen - HC Equestrian (Milpitas)
  • Susan Crenshaw - Ligara (Morgan Hill) - mentioned above

Also, check out BAEN (Bay Area Equestrian Network) if you haven’t already - much more local info:
http://www.bayequest.com/

Again, I’m happy to offer more detail via email. :slight_smile:

Happy to make some recommendations - I live in Campbell, too!

PM/email might be easier. Send me a PM with your email & I’ll get you some good options. Are you going to be working full-time, and what type of hours? If so, that will limit options since many barns aren’t open/teach in the evenings…but there are some that day - and of course weekends.

Assume that you will be driving at minimum 25 minutes and more likely 35-45 minutes to get to the barn from Campbell (more like 1 hour if you are going after work).

Quickly, for places that have part-least & lesson options for horses going 2’6", look into:

• Toni and Colin McIntosh - McIntosh Stables (Ladera/Portola Valley)
  • Ali Kermeen - HC Equestrian (Milpitas)
  • Susan Crenshaw - Ligara (Morgan Hill) - mentioned above

Also, check out BAEN (Bay Area Equestrian Network) if you haven’t already - much more local info:
http://www.bayequest.com/

Again, I’m happy to offer more detail via email. :slight_smile:

Matt Sereni at Sterling View Farms. I cannot say enough good things about him and his program !