Unlimited access >

Barns near Swathmore, PA??

I am thinking about attending Swathmore College, and would be bringing my horse with me. Does anyone know of any barns in the area (willing to travel as far as 35-45 minutes) that have good instruction? Preferably a barn that has experience in ‘A’ shows, with hunter/jumper/Eq. Any names or trainers would help!!

Swarthmore is relatively close to both Media and Springfield and there are barns there. Not my neck of the woods so I can’t recommend a particular barn.

Consider Dominique Damico of Ramble On Farm. She has an indoor arena, does A showing, etc. The farm is a quick/easy drive from Swarthmore (correct spelling :slight_smile: .)
Dominique has a website as well as a Facebook page, and has occasionally posted on the COTH forums.

Your closest “A” barn options are Dominique or Kim Zindel Buzby. Both are in the same general direction and about 20-25 mins from Swarthmore.

They are both full care/training board only.

If you want other options, look down Route1 at Mary Morrill or Jen Berry. Both do A shows, but are a bit more low key. They are maybe more like 35-45 mins away.

I love Mary and Jen :slight_smile: I had no idea they were that close to Swarthmore! I guess you’re kind of going against the grain of any major traffic going between those two points.

[QUOTE=vxf111;8408798]
I love Mary and Jen :slight_smile: I had no idea they were that close to Swarthmore! I guess you’re kind of going against the grain of any major traffic going between those two points.[/QUOTE]

Yes, Swarthmore is only 5 minutes from my office. There can be odd pockets of traffic but nothing awful. And with college hours it shouldn’t be bad at all

Signing back on to say that I forgot to mention Ellen McGregor who is also about 35 minutes away. The only tricky thing about her is she does not have an indoor so moves to a barn with an indoor every winter. It could add to your commute for the winter months is all.