Unlimited access >

Bates Artiste Dressage Saddle

Has anyone had the chance to ride in this saddle? I am just wondering how it feels and how it compares to the Innova Mono+ saddle. I have ridden in the regular Bates dressage saddle and the twist is too wide for me, but my boy seemed to really like it. I am wondering if the fit thru/around the shoulders is more comfortable for him than the Kent and Masters I am riding in now.

Would love to hear thoughts if anyone has had a chance to sit in it.

Bumping this to the top, because I just bought one. I was not planning on loving it as much as I do…it’s a really nice and well-made saddle. High quality leather, narrow twist, comfy and well balanced seat, the adjustable blocks are great and very cushy, and with the extra wide gullet installed it fits my wide Arabian gelding like a glove. He is a total princess about saddle fit, and is a very happy camper. And the adjustable stirrup bars are a bonus. Definitely a saddle worth giving a try.

(The only thing I’d say is to not use the leather balsam they send with it. It contains paraffin wax and made for a sticky, gloppy mess that was hard to get rid of.)

1 Like