Unlimited access >

BB "Do you remember....." For the Oldies- A Tribute....

Cactuskate, I must admit I roared when you took Colin’s bait and then watched her play everyone out like the consumate pro that she is.

Some of us even posted to keep it going. It was a beautiful thing

I think that what started it all was the discussions about problems and the proposal of rule changes to solve the problems.

Larry Langer had laid down a challenge and said we were all lazy and worthless because all we did was complain. SO! we took the challenge and called his bluff. There were only a little over 200 posters including lurkers.

As they all chimed in the BB grew. I have met some really good friends over the year that this BB has grown.

We were very serious minded and discussed the eating problems of the young riders, the alcohol and drug problems of the older riders and a ton of other heavy subjects.

Good exercise for the brain!
Love the new features especially the polls. Wish we had that way back when.

When I managed to get my foot very firmly embedded in my mouth, during one of my first posts here, and Deerie, Portia and Snowbird were so nice to me that I felt that I could keep posting here after all.

Canter - please don’t go anyplace!! It’s growth and change that keep something alive (OMG gotta water the violet, talk about growth). We may get a little nostalgic at times, but never doubt that we value you and your opinions.

for such a LOVELY compliment!!!

OK. Mmmmmm, let’s see. I sure remember Snowbird and Farmgate from my earliest visits here. Where is Farmgate, anyway? Why haven’t we seen her much recently? I miss her and trying to figure out how to pronounce the names of her wonderful Welsh pony stallions.

I arrived when there were between 250 and 400 members. I remember Snowbird posting the congratulations message on hitting 400. And I remember the explosion in members when the GM poling incident in Palm Beach thread hit – the first of the multi-page, highly controversial threads that, while they can be distressing can also be important discussions.

I remember when there weren’t any flame folders, and when we had the long thread debating Erin’s question of whether it would be better for the newest posts to be added to the top of the thread or keep them at the bottom.

Dang, somebody clear the dog out of my rocker and get me my blanket. I’m so tired from remembering, I’m going to have to hang out on the Porch and take a nap!

<BLOCKQUOTE class=“ip-ubbcode-quote”><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I’m off the chair, already!
Portia, that wasn’t the dog, it was ME!!!
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ohhh, sneaking up on the Porch again, are ya? I thought it looked too furry to be a dog!

I am so glad I could help put on the party as they say!

The sad part is the tale it inspired me to tell, of the bicycle chain in the roping horse’s mouth was TRUE. Yuk…let’s not go there.

I remember all of that too because I LURKED for waaay over a year before I ever joined in.

Thanks you guys - now that’s the Christmas spirit! I HAVE been feeling a little overly sensitive since that little Canadian bashing incident a few weeks ago…