Unlimited access >

Bell Boots in size 3XL? Rubber Pull-ons? Help me find!

Anyone know a source to find the gum rubber thick-bottom bell boots in size 3XL? XXXL?

I want them for 24/7 turnout for a draft cross, to help him keep his front shoes on in the mucky weather, and I generally LOVE the thick-bottom pull-ons for this purpose. That’s what I’ve found as my favorite.

I tried the Centaur XXL gum thick-bottom pull-ons for this horse and they were too small – I got them on, but the boots didn’t come to the ground and they were tight around the bulb of the heel. If they were a smidge bigger they would have been good.

All I have found so far is the Davis PVC bell boots, and well… I am generally not a fan. Those seem so thin and useless against shoe-pulling.

And I think Pro Choice Ballistic ones come in that size, but I am not sure if those are really so good for 24/7. I’m thinking they’ll get soggy and gross if used 24/7.

I’d try rubber Velcro ones if I couldn’t find the pull-ons, but at this point I can’t find those either.

I tried a couple of draft horse sites, but all I see are the Davis ones.

So frustrating!

[QUOTE=BarnField;7358325]
Anyone know a source to find the gum rubber thick-bottom bell boots in size 3XL? XXXL?

I want them for 24/7 turnout for a draft cross, to help him keep his front shoes on in the mucky weather, and I generally LOVE the thick-bottom pull-ons for this purpose. That’s what I’ve found as my favorite.

I tried the Centaur XXL gum thick-bottom pull-ons for this horse and they were too small – I got them on, but the boots didn’t come to the ground and they were tight around the bulb of the heel. If they were a smidge bigger they would have been good.

All I have found so far is the Davis PVC bell boots, and well… I am generally not a fan. Those seem so thin and useless against shoe-pulling.

And I think Pro Choice Ballistic ones come in that size, but I am not sure if those are really so good for 24/7. I’m thinking they’ll get soggy and gross if used 24/7.

I’d try rubber Velcro ones if I couldn’t find the pull-ons, but at this point I can’t find those either.

I tried a couple of draft horse sites, but all I see are the Davis ones.

So frustrating![/QUOTE]

IME, the italian pull on bell boots run bigger than other brands. Prof Choice do come in XXXL but they run small so I’m guessing they wouldn’t work for you (besides other issues with rubs/holding water, etc).

See link below - they give sizing chart with inches of bell boots for their sizes. The biggest size fit a horse of mine that wore a size 5 shoe. The design of these are nicer and I think they’d work well for your situation.

http://www.smartpakequine.com/kl-select-italian-bell-boots--6613p

Thanks NorCal! The measurements from your link for the KL’s is 3/4" taller than what I measured with the Centaurs I have. Yay! I have placed a SmartPak order and I will give them a shot. Fingers crossed!

If that doesn’t work do give the Davis ones a try - my two guys live in them 24/7 and they do help. Maybe not as much, but if you can’t find pull oms big enough, give it a shot.
The KLs didn’t work for me but I don’t thnk I found them in triple xxxl size…

My SmartPak order arrived superfast. I opened the box and compared the KL size XXL’s with the Centaur XXL’s that I had and sure enough those KL’s really ARE taller and wider. They fit perfect on the draft cross when I tried them on :slight_smile:

I am delighted! … and slightly annoyed that the KL’s cost 50% more than the Centaurs and are 50% thinner! The bottoms of the Centaurs are really much thicker.

But hey, the KL’s fit :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=BarnField;7365607]
My SmartPak order arrived superfast. I opened the box and compared the KL size XXL’s with the Centaur XXL’s that I had and sure enough those KL’s really ARE taller and wider. They fit perfect on the draft cross when I tried them on :slight_smile:

I am delighted! … and slightly annoyed that the KL’s cost 50% more than the Centaurs and are 50% thinner! The bottoms of the Centaurs are really much thicker.

But hey, the KL’s fit :)[/QUOTE]

Glad they fit! I had a horse in the KLs 24/7 and even though the rubber is thinner, it seems to be of better quality and able to last. Materials are higher quality it seems.

Hopefully they continue to work well for you :slight_smile:

The KL’ s last a solid 6 months on my mare who wears a size 4 shoe. They are also the only brand that I’ve found to fit her.

Petal boots worked well for us when we had our draft cross on pasture and he was overreaching and stepping on his heels. We had to buy two pairs and connect them together, the straps weren’t long enough with one pair. The good news is we had lots of replacement petals when he tore one! :slight_smile: Petal boots are also the only type of boot that don’t rub holes in our super thin skinned Appy mare.