Unlimited access >

Bella Rose retires;

H&H article; https://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/bella-rose-retires-755565

2 Likes

would you mind please posting a clip of the article? (i reached my free-bee limit apparantly).

This may not be the quote you would choose, but it spoke to me:

“Bella felt fantastic tonight,” said Isabell, who rode to her familiar, yet ever stirring, medley of operatic classics from the likes of Beethoven and Verdi. “When you are able to show what you wanted to show, and there is nothing better to present, then I’m satisfied. She was close, but not quite close enough.”

The emotion in Isabell’s face was clear to see as she rode her final rousing centre line, one-handed, with Bella Rose 2 performing her heart out in a complex piaffe-passage pattern. They posted 95.89% for the artistic score, and a 83.43% technical mark, producing a final score of 89.66%.

What a fantastic mare!

13 Likes

She so deserves retirement. She performed fantastically. I look forward to a video of Isabell performing tempis on her bareback and in just a halter like she posted with one of her other retirees in the future. I got to see Bella Rose in person in Holland once, I thought “Hell, does that horse make the warmup look so freakin’ easy”. Unlike many other warm-ups.

Good for her!

Without the 1-year delay, Werth and Bella Rose would probably have been the gold medalists. The mare sure looked great in 2018-2019 and it seems to me the delay caused her to pass her peak window of performance.

Dalera was a more than deserving winner, but a year ago, Werth would probably have come out on top. I was rooting for Bella Rose because of the amazing comeback story and Werth’s special bond with her.

3 Likes