Unlimited access >

Bella Rose2 withdrawn from GPS.

Oh no! How disappointing. Isabell must be crushed after that fabulous score in the GP.

NM

Its a shame Bella Rose2 was withdrawn but I’m glad the French got another rider into the GP Special

startlist here(30)

http://score.normandie2014.com/results/dressage/DRE-PRI-IND-TT-2.pdf

OK, forgive me but I have to ask: A friend of mine has suggested that although a hoof issue is cited as the reason, that Isabell Werth withdrew because she would now have a tougher time winning, given Charlotte Dujardin’s performance. Does anyone think that is even remotely possible? I think I’d just like some reassurance that no world class competitor would do something like that!

[QUOTE=ladyoftherings;7732599]
OK, forgive me but I have to ask: A friend of mine has suggested that although a hoof issue is cited as the reason, that Isabell Werth withdrew because she would now have a tougher time winning, given Charlotte Dujardin’s performance. Does anyone think that is even remotely possible?[/QUOTE]

Your friend is insane and being very unfair to IW. She’s brought a green mare to WEG and scored over 80%. A silver medal at this point in that mare’s career would be an astounding accomplishment. I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next person but this one’s too far out there.

Were the times a random draw?

to my knowledge it is not easy to scratch out of an FEI event. I believe the vet has to take the horse out.

[QUOTE=hoopoe;7732722]
to my knowledge it is not easy to scratch out of an FEI event. I believe the vet has to take the horse out.[/QUOTE]

Good point.

Isabell is the ultimate competitor. I cannot even imagine she would withdraw unless there was a physical reason to do so.

Regardless, they delivered a stunning performace today. Absolutely adore Bella Rose

Nooooooooo, I’m so sad!!! I love this horse and I just love Isabell.

Ladyoftherings, Isabell regularly takes her horses to top competitions no matter who is competing and what her chances of winning are (i.e. look at her recent record with El Santo - she does a fantastic job with him even though he’s likely not going to ever win Olympic Gold). Like Cooper said, she is the ultimate competitor and she loves to develop horses and to show. She’s very mature about it. Seriously, she was set to compete against Valegro, Totilas, Undercover, plus Parcival and Damon Hill at the WEG. I’m pretty sure she knew her young horse wasn’t going to walk away with the title with a field like this!!!

ETA: Her horse is so young, it would be foolish for her to risk an injury at this point. I’m sure she’s thinking of the next Olympics and the one after that, plus the next WEG with a young horse of this quality.

I also wonder how many of the withdrawals are due to the “zero tolerance” drug rules. In a good way. While incredibly disappointing, it is nice to see horses being withdrawn rather than overworked or “masked”.

[QUOTE=J-Lu;7732903]
Nooooooooo, I’m so sad!!! I love this horse and I just love Isabell.

Ladyoftherings, Isabell regularly takes her horses to top competitions no matter who is competing and what her chances of winning are (i.e. look at her recent record with El Santo - she does a fantastic job with him even though he’s likely not going to ever win Olympic Gold). Like Cooper said, she is the ultimate competitor and she loves to develop horses and to show. She’s very mature about it. Seriously, she was set to compete against Valegro, Totilas, Undercover, plus Parcival and Damon Hill at the WEG. I’m pretty sure she knew her young horse wasn’t going to walk away with the title with a field like this!!!

ETA: Her horse is so young, it would be foolish for her to risk an injury at this point. I’m sure she’s thinking of the next Olympics and the one after that, plus the next WEG with a young horse of this quality.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, J-Lu. That does make sense.

This is totally off topic, but Ladyoftherings when I see your screen name I read it as Lady Offerings which literally cracks me up.

Please carry on.

[QUOTE=WasthatC;7733104]
This is totally off topic, but Ladyoftherings when I see your screen name I read it as Lady Offerings which literally cracks me up.

Please carry on.[/QUOTE]

:slight_smile: I can see why!! (Actually, the name comes from my years of managing ring stewards at a big dressage show!)