Unlimited access >

Bemer and Equivibe at the same time?

It’s in the title, I was just wondering if I can use both treatments at once? I of course won’t be doing anything without my vet clearing it, but I can’t ask him until the next time he’s out (2 weeks) and I just want to gather some thoughts before then!

Do you mean one and then the other? Or both on the horse simultaneously?

ETA I just googled the Equivibe and it’s not what I thought it was. But it is physical impact stimulation while the Bemer is electromagnetic stimulation. I wouldn’t use both simultaneously, but I wouldn’t be concerned about routinely using both.

1 Like

If the question is whether you can use them both at the same time, one thing to consider beyond the health aspect and comfort of the horse is if the electromagnetic field of the Bemer unit will impact the electronics of the Equivibe machine. When people have pulse sessions they are supposed to be reminded to remove their wallets and any key fobs to ensure the magnetic parts don’t get wiped. We have our own PulseX PEMF unit here at the house, and one day my husband made the mistake of sitting down to pulse on the mat with his laptop. Within a few minutes the laptop completely went dead. We thought it was a goner but it came back eventually.

Anyway, just something to think about.

3 Likes

How do you like it, and what do you use it for? Thank you.

My husband and I both have chronic pain/inflammation (his is due to being in a bad car accident years ago and just being hard on his body, mine is due to multiple autoimmune processes). We were having sessions with a local practitioner a few years ago but it was adding up so we decided to take the plunge and invest in a unit. We use the mat every day for maintenance-level therapy. Where he has so much scar tissue and is so much more locked up in his body, I honestly think he notices much more of an immediate change once he starts to pulse and also can tell when he doesn’t pulse (hurts a lot more).

We also have a small loop/hoop for concentrated pulsing. One of the conditions I have is Ehlers-Danlos, so my joint hypermobility sometimes causes sprain/subluxing type injuries to my knees, shoulders, hips etc. I have found a lot of benefit in using the hoop directly on those areas for healing acceleration.

The TB mare I ride recently began having issues over her SI joint/hindquarter area. Because I only have the small hoop, it’s not ideal for pulsing a horse, but I was able to see a big difference treating her 1-2 times a week with it. The larger hoops are super expensive for this unit but I am hoping to purchase a set soon.

4 Likes

@kt, thank you. This is very helpful.

2 Likes

I looove and swear by both of them, I can 100% see the results after every session. I use them for the recovery and maintenance of my horses.

For the Equivibe, I built a wooden corral type thing around it, added a trailer tie to the wall, and a keep a hay bag in front of it. It makes it super easy for everyday use. I always put my horses in there for 15 minutes after I ride them, giving me time to tack up the next (it’s across from my grooming stall.) All the horses go on it during inclement weather when they have limited movement. For my oldies, they go on 2-3x a day, before and after work at minimum. Of course I also use it for injuries as advised by my vet.

The Bemer I equally adore, it’s just not as convenient as the Equivibe for me, and I feel they yield very similar results. I always use it when at shows, usually tallies to 15 days of the month. I only really use it after work though.

2 Likes

This is exactly the kind of response I was looking for! Yes, my question was referring to using them simultaneously. Definitely something to consider with the technology, thanks.

2 Likes

I use them together, at the same time. I only use the Bemer cuffs while my horse is on the Equivibe due to our set up: the Equivibe is in front of one of the stalls with a DIY stock type panel and I tie with a breakaway trailer tie and often feed hay as the other poster mentions, but our set up is one way facing and if I were to put the blanket on, the buttons would be up against the stall. Since I do 30 min of Equivibe (and Bemer) it works better for me to use the blanket on my other horse while one vibes and then swap after 30 min.

I have never worried about the Bemer shorting the vibe plate, but maybe I should? I know the Bemer isn’t as strong as the Pulse (or Magnawave or other) machines, so perhaps there really isn’t a risk there.

1 Like

If you haven’t had an issue before, you might be fine. It also might have something to do with only using the loops/cuffs, which are designed to mainly infuse the “charge” right into the focus area. I know Pulse is super strong, but I’m unaware if there is still a relative EMF risk as far as electronic devices go when you’re using units that aren’t as strong.

If you have a rep or even local PEMF practitioner who is generous with their expertise, this would be a great question to ask. Or you could always contact the manufacturer. I’m a member of a pretty good PEMF Facebook group, too. :slightly_smiling_face:

My vet and bodyworker (who frequently uses both therapies) both approved me to use Bemer and Equivibe at the same time! I’ve been doing it for about a week and an half and all is still going well with no issues. I’m ecstatic to get more use out of my Bemer at home!

3 Likes