Unlimited access >

BES 3’ A/O hunters

What does the BES mean?? They have these classes at Blenheim.

BES just stands for Blenheim Equisports. According to the prize list, it’s just an unrated 3’ hunter division for A/Os.

3’ BES AMATEUR-OWNER HUNTER
Open to all Amateur Riders; horses must be owned by the Rider; Leases are not allowed; Neither horses nor riders may compete in the β€œC” Rated Adult Amateur Hunter Division nor the β€œA” Rated 3’3” and/or the 3’6” Amateur Owner Hunter Divisions at the same show. Not USEF nor USHJA sanctioned. Classes may be individually entered.
Fence Height: 3’; Entry Fee: $225/division or $55/class

^Exactly. Generally softer competition than AA’s. Sometimes runs on the same days as the AA’s; occasionally runs Sa-Su when AA’s run F-Sa.

I figure it is worth laughing at this (me, not your post).

I read this and said over and over again in my head - what does Sa-Su mean? Saying Sa-Su trying to figure it out. It was way longer than it should have been for me to get that you were using abbreviations for Saturday - Sunday versus Friday - Saturday.

1 Like

Sorry. Years of academic calendars with abbreviated days of the week. In the early days the computers could handle only one letter, so Thursday became H.

Not R?

1 Like

Yes, R is what I always knew it as when one letter was used.

Though I suppose anything is easy enough to figure out if you know you are talking the days of the week.

1 Like

H in this case.

1 Like