Unlimited access >

Best barns/trainers in Dallas, TX

Hi, I’m looking for good hunter/jumper barns in Dallas, Tx. I’m looking for a barn that competes at a high level and one that really treats the horses well. So far, I have seen many people mention Showtime Farms and CSC Farms. Any recommendations?

What part of Dallas will you be living in and how long are you willing to commute?

Woodhill is a very competitive and great barn. I have a friend that rides there, and a COTHer rides there as well.

I’ll be near Southlake. I prefer somewhere fairly close, but I would drive around 45 minutes away.

There are several excellent barns in the argyle/flowermound area so you have no shortage of options. As Belmont alluded to, I am the COTH-er that rides at Woodhill, love Matt, love his philosophy and teaching style.

Jim and Joan at Foxglen currently have one of my horses on lease, so far it’s been a great experience as an owner and they are certainly knowledgeable.

Trainers I’ve also known/seen around shows forever are Stacy Goodsen (Bayyard), Bob Brawley (Brawley Farms), Julie Cleveland (Hillcrest), Christian Heineking (October Hill), Debbie Divecchia (windswept) among others.

Really you just need to go visit a bunch and see what fits your needs.

What exactly are you looking for? what kind of trainers do you like? do you own/lease? does your horse like plenty of turnout time? budget per month?

Look at the “similar threads” below this topic or do a search. This has been covered many, many times here and you will find good info on previously posted DFW discussions.

Also fine if you wont say but what age people do you want to be with? some barns have 7 and less grade some 8-12 some with college kids and then some with adults. Some also have a little of everything

Lots 'o threads on this. I lived right on the Keller/Southlake border and rode with Debbie Divecchia (Windswept Farm) for many, many years. Argyle is an easy drive from there and has lots of options for different show schedules, budgets, turnout, training styles, etc.

I’ve heard Bob Brawley’s new place is the bomb dot com! Indoor attached to the barn, lots of pretty pasture space… But agreed, there’s tons of topics on this. Welcome to our area!

October Hill is far more jumper than hunter, but they def do the high level shows and (in my experience) treat their horses very well.

I live in southlake and i can guarantee october hill will be over an hour with traffic. What age people are you looking to be around?

2nd Julie & Stacy …

[QUOTE=Nickelodian;8172439]
There are several excellent barns in the argyle/flowermound area so you have no shortage of options.

Trainers I’ve also known/seen around shows forever are Stacy Goodsen (Bayyard), ), Julie Cleveland (Hillcrest)

Really you just need to go visit a bunch and see what fits your needs.[/QUOTE]

I’m a fan of Courtney. She is at an amazing facility as well.

Also, in DFW EVERYTHING is over an hour in rush hour.

McLaren Equestrian is a great one, it’s only about 15 minutes south of Dallas (no traffic).

It’s my favorite board/train barn in Dallas because they actually teach you how to ride and fix things and keep you horses improving.

It’s to a great fit for anyone who wants to ride safely, correctly and competitively.