Unlimited access >

Best Blanket for Rain Turnout

Schneiders 80gm fill sheet is really wonderful.

I find high neck blankets/sheets put the least amount of pressure by far in that area.

Dover’s Northwinds used to last years, but I replaced some sheets last year and they’re already NOT waterproof anymore. Very disappointing because they used to be my favorites, especially with the lifetime guarantee.

I have an Amigo sheet that is on it’s probably 5th year (bought it for my mare when I wasn’t sure she was done growing, but unfortunately she was!. Still waterproof, inexpensive, and very lightweight for the days when the temp is higher but it’s raining.

Definitely a Rambo fan here. The necks are a bit large for the mare so I use the neck cover when it’s raining. Actually, the whole blanket hangs down a bit much since she’s so petite, but she’s lived in them for years with only 2 times a belly strap broke. Amigos are good for small horses, but don’t have the shoulder gussets so they pull on her chest and cause rubs.

You just can’t beat the Baker turnouts- guaranteed to be waterproof for life! High neck, variety of weights, regular neck can have a neck attachment… Great blanket…especially for the price!