Unlimited access >

Best Bridle?

I’m show bridle shopping and I’m stuck. I currently ride/show in a $40 bridle that I adore but it’s getting pretty old and I’m moving up in the levels. My mare has a very petite girly head. I’m undecided on the fancy stitch since she’s a leopard Appaloosa, would that be to much? I only show about 5 times a year. I don’t really want to spend more then $180. What bridles do you show in without breaking the bank? Where can I find them? Thank you!

[QUOTE=Critter27;7001294]
I’m show bridle shopping and I’m stuck. I currently ride/show in a $40 bridle that I adore but it’s getting pretty old and I’m moving up in the levels. My mare has a very petite girly head. I’m undecided on the fancy stitch since she’s a leopard Appaloosa, would that be to much? I only show about 5 times a year. I don’t really want to spend more then $180. What bridles do you show in without breaking the bank? Where can I find them? Thank you![/QUOTE]

I really like the smartpak Harwich fancy stitch bridle for a horse with a finer head.

I agree with soloudinhere, Smartpak bridles are really great for the quality. Even their Plymouth bridles which are about $70 are really nice. Mine has held up well to a lot of abuse and cleans up really nicely/

Ovation makes a very nice bridle that runs around $150. Called Ultra Raised Bridle. Dover has it. It is padded on the crown, nose & brow. Item #NB-12574. I have 2 of them. One for showing & one for lessons.

Bobby’s has lots in your price range, including some rather unusual models like the triple-stitched and the braided bridles. They also have an extra-fine, which you may be interested in.

http://www.tackzone.com/catalog/english-tack-snaffle-bridles-c-144_146.html

[QUOTE=Dewey;7001994]
Bobby’s has lots in your price range, including some rather unusual models like the triple-stitched and the braided bridles. They also have an extra-fine, which you may be interested in.

http://www.tackzone.com/catalog/english-tack-snaffle-bridles-c-144_146.html[/QUOTE]

Second Bobby’s. It blows the comparable SmartPak bridles out of the water.