Unlimited access >

Best Dog and Cat Tick & Flea Collars/Tube Repellant?

One cat is outdoors, so no collar for him, the other 2 cats are indoors, dog goes out but would rather be lazy on the couch, lab pit mix for sizing reference. I have already pulled ticks off the outdoor cat, and my daughter, ugh. What is working best this year so far for everyone?

We use seresto collars. They take a while to work, it’s not instant like the spot treatment stuff, but they last for 8 months.

1 Like

For the outdoor cats, I use Ovitrol spray on the back of their necks periodically.

(Bonus, it can be used on the horse for bots.)

1 Like

I keep a break away collar on my outdoor cat, and glue a seresto collar inside it. It works GREAT. I don’t trust the breakaway-ability of the seresto on it’s own.

The adult dog wears a seresto collar, and the puppy is in Vectra (I don’t like to keep collars on puppies.)

1 Like

Seresto collar for the cats that are in/out and Bravecto for the dogs. The cats that are in full time don’t get anything.

1 Like

I use Revolution Plus on all 4 cats. Ka-ching. I haven’t seen a flea or tick on them - 3 are outside only and 1 is inside/outside. I seem to be the one that picks up ticks.

1 Like

I second Revolution. That’s the best cat flea/tick treatment out there (in my opinion).