"best" figure 8/grackle bridle

Look at the Artemis bridles.

1 Like

I had a student with the PSOS Athens Bridle. It was nice, but I hated that the flash strap buckled directly under the chin. The horse had an average sized head; clearly the bridle was designed to fit that way, keeping the buckle low to give a “clean look” and not interfering with the bit, I suppose. I was always taught to keep the buckle higher at nostril level, between the bit and the button, to avoid excess pressure under the chin in the curb groove. Keeping the buckle higher also means it didn’t get caked with dried slobber.

I have a variety of fig-8s, mostly in the affordable/economy range, but I have two Vespuccis as show bridles and I love them. Good leather quality, good buckles (I’m a buckle snob), sized nicely to be adjustable and fit well, though they do run a bit large. If you have an average TB head I would get cob size. My large head TBs are fine in the horse size.

1 Like

Hi! I’m the owner of Black Diamond Designs which I see was mentioned a few times above. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I am a woman owned small business that spent many years developing and growing my small tack line to be a high quality and affordable. Made from Sedgwick leather from one of the oldest tanneries in the UK, my bridles are beautiful and durable. I myself do leather work and rebuild sidesaddles and exclusively use Sedgwick leather for all my restorations. I offer a build a bridle option where customers can mix and match different size pieces for a custom like fit. And I offer all my strap goods in both Australian nut and Havana colors. Happy to answer any questions you have. Here is a link to my website and a picture of one of my figure 8 bridles. Headstalls are $150 and $235 with a pair of matching reins (plus shipping). But don’t let the price tag fool you- these are comparable to Dyon
http://blackdiamonddesignsllc.com/

2 Likes

Please let me know if you have ANY questions about my tack line. I am happy to answer any questions you may have. I am the owner of Black Diamond Designs and love to spread the word about my tack line :blush: