Unlimited access >

best jeans to ride in?

Anyone have any updated brands? The wranglers I got barely lasted a year and I’ve tried Cinch but they seem to completely lose all shape and generally not last very long.

Levis boot cut jeans work for me. I have one or two Wranglers, but they changed them so much that they don’t hold up. Too much spandex now.

1 Like

Still recommend Kimes Ranch and Cinch For Women. I have worn through one pair of Kimes in 3 years and I wear them all the time.

1 Like

How deep are the front pockets?

I can fit my cell phone in my front pocket of either.

1 Like

Ariat, hands down.
I agree on the cinch, by the end of the day, I have a saggy butt. 🙄
Ariats hold their shape and have heavy enough denim that holds up. They’re also mostly mid rise which is nice if you’re like me and like to keep your crack contained in your pants.

2 Likes

Good to know. I am a little tired of having to enlarge pocket bags to make them functional.

1 Like

I ride in Wrangler Q Baby that I buy from Rod’s Western when I’m at Congress. They are super comfy and have deep pockets for phone and knife.
My husband likes old school Wranglers 13MWZ. They wear like iron.

1 Like

I maybe a little crazy, but I just love Buckwilds bootcut denims. They are expensive, but I now own 4 pairs, two kept for showing, the originals, and they hardly look worn, my daily wearers are starting to get a nice ‘patina’ to them.

Why do I like them?

Mansize pockets, can keep phone, inhaler, treats, and room for plenty more!

Comfortable supporting stretch material, and grippy inside waist so they stay up well.

Small amount of stick to them, with the silicone horse shoes.

Did I mention decent pockets…

But most of all, fits my fat butt, I was limited in choice.

1 Like

If you can find any of the old “Miller’s Saddlery” riding jeans on ebay, used of course, buy. I bought probably a dozen decades ago and gradually wore them out, but oh my they were so comfortable and stylish enough for street wear. Rumor has it that next year Duluth Trading will launch women’s riding jeans in their apparel line, sure hope so. They kind of have to now that they’re using horsewomen in their TV ads.

I’ve heard kimes are good, its just paying $100 for a pair of pants is kind of a lot for me. The cinch ones I had just kinda sucked? I think I had 3 or 4 pairs of them and they’re all dead and gone.

Seriously?!?! Duluth is like the one brand of clothing I can’t destroy very easily!

You might want to check out Smooth Stride Riding Jeans. They last really well, have no seams in areas to make them uncomfortable, super flattering (and covering!) fit, and a very helpful cell phone pocket on the thigh.

Why the heck is it that you can fit a half ton pickup in mens pants pockets and we can barely fit our own damn hands in womens jeans pockets???

3 Likes

It drives me bonkers. Men never have to check to see if a pocket is REAL either.

1 Like

I see a lot of people recommending Wrangler Aura and Q-baby jeans, but does anyone have recommendations for a super tiny waist and “average” sized hips? My waist can be a 00 with high waisted jeans, but then they are way too tight on my hips. But THEN if I try to buy “curvy” styles, the hip space is too big. The struggles :no:

I understand the hesitancy to pay that much, but when it takes me 2+ years to wear through a pair, its worth it.

Oh god the fake pockets send me over the edge.

2 Likes

Hm this may be true. They stand up to actual work too?

For all Terry Pratchett fans, that takes us straight to this

[B]“The reason that the rich were so rich, Vimes reasoned, was because they managed to spend less money.

Take boots, for example. He earned thirty-eight dollars a month plus allowances. A really good pair of leather boots cost fifty dollars. But an affordable pair of boots, which were sort of OK for a season or two and then leaked like hell when the cardboard gave out, cost about ten dollars. Those were the kind of boots Vimes always bought, and wore until the soles were so thin that he could tell where he was in Ankh-Morpork on a foggy night by the feel of the cobbles.

But the thing was that good boots lasted for years and years. A man who could afford fifty dollars had a pair of boots that’d still be keeping his feet dry in ten years’ time, while the poor man who could only afford cheap boots would have spent a hundred dollars on boots in the same time and would still have wet feet.

This was the Captain Samuel Vimes ‘Boots’ theory of socioeconomic unfairness.”[/B]

1 Like