Unlimited access >

Best Place to Buy Orijen Dog Food Online?

We recently made the switch from Blue Buffalo Wilderness to Orijen Regional Red due to some outrageous gasiness from our 5 year old pit. We’re talking room-clearing, audible, horrible dog farts. It got to the point that it was embarrassing to have company over. We first tried buying a new bag, then had her in for a fecal and a checkup (it was a routine trip, plus an orthopedic visit), so she got the “all-clear” internally. I noticed that there weren’t as many “life source bits” (if anyone is familiar with the BB food, these are the little round, dark bits in the food, I think?) in the bags I’d purchased recently, so perhaps they changed their ingredients?

Anyway, I’m much happier with the Orijen, and she loves it. Zero noxious fumes, and her sensitive stomach is tolerating it well. The problem is, the local store that carries it in our urban area is charging $96/29.7lb bag. I’ve looked online and see that there are plenty of places charging far less, but worry that their bags will be older.

Does anyone order Orijen online and can you confirm that the bags are fresh upon receipt?

Thanks!

We just signed up for chewy.com for our cat food, and Orijen there is certainly less than you’re paying locally. Unfortunately, we’ve not switched our dog food purchasing over to them yet, so I can’t tell you anything about the freshness of the food.

The ordering process is certainly painless, and the price on the cat food is incredible for us. The Orijen is about what we can do locally, but we’ll likely start ordering it once we figure out how often we need to reorder.

I would think a very popular mail order service like www.chewy.com would turn over their stock far faster than most local businesses, just due to the amount going out the door.

We get ours at PetFoodDirect.com for much less than you are paying. The food is always fresh, but they have run out of the Adult Formula that we were using and it is now back ordered. We’ve had to change to Natural Balance and the dogs are doing well on it, too. We get it at PetFoodDirect.com also. I had heard that there would be a shortage of Orijen this winter (can’t remember the reason). We’ll go back to Orijen when it become available again.

The plant fire at Orijen took down their oven for some time, but per their facebook page, they are now operating again at full capacity. They are shipping all of their kibbles and they expect that stock levels everywhere should be back to normal in January.

Regional Red used to be very hard to find online and only stores near Canada seemed to sell it. That’s how I found this place. It’s a nice store with nice owners.

http://www.theanimalhouse.net/

I’ve ordered Orijen cat food from both chewy.com and wag.com and been happy with both. Wag will give you 5% of what you spend towards your next order, plus whatever discount codes are current. Both offer free shipping on orders over $50, which you’re going to hit every time with Orijen. I’ve ordered (not Orijen) from Petfooddirect also, and liked them less because their codes are either for a discount or free shipping, not both. If you get 20% off, I doesn’t make much of a difference because you’re going to pay $$ for shipping and freight. IME.

I’ve used PetFoodDirect, PetFlow, and Amazon – all with great success and cheaper prices. Not sure about the plant issues with Orijen though; I feed Earthborn Holistic Primitive Natural. If you’re looking to avoid the huge price increase between BB and Orijen, it might be a good food to look at. We love it.

Too numerous posts to read through all of them, so if this has already been posted, my apology.
Orijen dog food is no longer sold at Chewy.com because the company was sold to PetSmart. The manufacturers prefer to work with independent pet specialty shops, not the big retail corporations. The quality of the food, production standards and nutritional value are better managed on a smaller scale. As one happy consumer, I respect the decision and will not switch to another dog food. However, the prices are pretty high so if someone finds a retail or online seller less than $90 for a 25 pound bag of Orijen Senior, please post it. Note: Amazon, Ebay and other online retailers are not authorized distributors of Ofijen. So check the Orijen web sight to assure you’re getting what you pay for!

Six year old thread.

But here’s the senior for less than $90. This is the first google hit, and I imagine there are others.

https://www.petflow.com/product/orij…r-dry-dog-food

In fact, Orijen has a whole list for you to check: https://www.orijen.ca/us/buy-authori…t-food-online/