Unlimited access >

Best professional quality body clippers?

I have been doing the same search! My Clipmasters just QUIT on me this past week. And honestly, I am tired of the weight and having the hair clippings blasted into my face. I had stopped using them because of that, but pulled them out because my Andis clippers have really slowed down this year.

I have a pair of Andis Power Groom clippers that have just slowly gone downhill - this year, they are catching in the hair, and just not working. So I just sent them in for service and a new blade drive. They were cleaned and serviced before, but no parts ever changed, so maybe this will do the trick. If so, I will be thrilled - have always used the T84 blades and could do a clip (all but legs which I never clip) in about an hour to 90 minutes. The last few high trace clips took over 2 hours w/ the Andis clippers, just sucks!

So I am following this thread too.

I can do a full body clip, including legs and jaw, with my Listers in 90 minutes. Finishing the head with my smaller A5s takes another half hour. I like the Listers a lot - just wish they didn’t have so much vibration and the blades didn’t get so hot so fast. I oil before I start and regularly dip in blade wash and spray with Kool Lube but I have to change them out and let them cool down after I do about 1/3 of the horse. So I change blades 4-5 times per clip.

I find the Lister stars to be comparable in speed/efficacy to the Oster clipmasters. They are, however, much quieter and easier to maneuver. Not to mention much lighter!

I see the Double K’s have been mentioned a couple of times. I broke down and bought a pair last year and love them. It took less time to body clip and they run quiet. Well, not super quiet but quieter than the oster A5 and the wahls I have. Pony found them acceptable, too.

[QUOTE=Dutchmare433;8427548]
I find the Lister stars to be comparable in speed/efficacy to the Oster clipmasters. They are, however, much quieter and easier to maneuver. Not to mention much lighter![/QUOTE]

Yes much quieter and the smaller size is so nice. But they vibrate pretty hard - although I’ve only used them and the Clipmasters for body clipping so I don’t know if that’s normal for large clippers like them. My A5s and other small clippers don’t vibrate as much, but I also can’t body clip an entire horse with them LOL.

I also use the Lister Star clippers, doing extensive trace clips (entire neck, chest, shoulder, down the sides, forearms and gaskins, leaving hair over the back, lower legs, and belly) on two small horses. Takes me no time at all!

I find that I don’t have to change blades while clipping if I frequently (every few minutes) pause to wipe them off with a paper towel, dip them in a jar of blade wash, wipe them again, brush them with the brush provided, spray them with the Wahl spray, and oil thoroughly with the Lister oil. I then give them a minute to further cool while I sweep up the clipped hair, then I’m right back to clipping. Doing this routine that often (for instance, I’ll clip the neck on one side, then do this) seems to be the key for me.

Also, I use medium Premier blades - don’t know if that makes any difference in the blade temperature.

Just wondering I aquired Premier 1 http://www.premier1supplies.com/list.php?mode=list&cat_id=38 clippers recently and I think they did an amazing job. Fast and efficient. They are noisy, but I dont think they heated up too fast… So why is nobody here recommending them???

I agree on the Andis Progress. I got mine three years ago and they are so much lighter and quieter than what I used before. I just bought new blades for the first time. I used the same blades for three years.

I think noisy is an issue, Manni.

I also love my Andis Progress clippers. It is a breeze to clip my pony.

Not sure where I read this, but I think Kool lube is not compatible with the Listers. This is the first year where I noticed them getting too hot before I remembered that tidbit. They seemed to get unhappier more quickly as well - second horse, stuck with Wahl oil and didn’t have a problem with heat.

Two hours to do a full body clip with the Listers.

[QUOTE=pacific_jumper;8417565]
I do notice a slight difference between the 10s and the t-84s. The t-84s match up to my clipmasters pefectly. The difference between the 10s and the t-84s is easily blendable. I only really notice the difference when clipping a chestnut, and it looks perfect after a few days anyways.[/QUOTE]

This is why I use a #10W blade and not a T-84. I use whichever normal width #10 is the same length as well (because some are off by a couple mms). I can knock out a full clip (minus face/legs since ponybutt gets to keep them floofy) on my 14hh tank in a bit over an hour with just my Andis AGC 2 speeds, a #10W, a #10 regular width, and a can of cool lube.

[QUOTE=MysticOakRanch;8427189]
I have been doing the same search! My Clipmasters just QUIT on me this past week. And honestly, I am tired of the weight and having the hair clippings blasted into my face. I had stopped using them because of that, but pulled them out because my Andis clippers have really slowed down this year.

I have a pair of Andis Power Groom clippers that have just slowly gone downhill - this year, they are catching in the hair, and just not working. So I just sent them in for service and a new blade drive. They were cleaned and serviced before, but no parts ever changed, so maybe this will do the trick. If so, I will be thrilled - have always used the T84 blades and could do a clip (all but legs which I never clip) in about an hour to 90 minutes. The last few high trace clips took over 2 hours w/ the Andis clippers, just sucks!

So I am following this thread too.[/QUOTE]

Replacing the blade drive should help. I replaced mine for the firsttime in 3 years (after using my AGCs for at least 15 full clips and another half dozen part clips) and i’m back to them cutting like a hot knife through butter. For a $6 part and 3 minute replacement time, plus the versatility of multiple blade length and width options, I doubt I will have anything but Andis again!