best riding boots for ankle injuries?

Following on my EDS post… I have the right ankle I need to “protect” from sprains again. I do have a brace to wear (actually 2 to choose from) but wondering if my Terrain H20s are really the best choice?

I wear an ankle brace and find the ariat heritage paddock wilth the round toe the best fit.

Thanks. I need to start wearing my brace all the time…without it I’ve noticed they feel too loose in the heel/ankle area and I’m having a ton of attempts of my ankle rolling just walking the pasture.

What kind of brace do you have? Some are better at prevent roll-overs than others. For really uneven areas, I like my DonJoy hard shell, hinged brace best. The soft ones are OK, but I’ve had the hard brace actually prevent rollovers. Pair it with some steel toe work boots & it’s almost as much support as a moon boot.:smiley: It can be a challenge to find boots that fit over it. I have a pair of zip up Volant paddocks that I modified to fit - punched holes outside of the zipper and added laces.

It can be expensive, but check around. I picked a couple up on Overstock for $20 a few years ago.

I actually posted on the endurance page last night and got a lot of recommendations…just have to find what works I guess!

I am using a ASO lace up brace that the doctor wanted me to switch to, but I pulled the side-bars because it was just too much with those in, even just walking around trying to get used to it. I just need something to help me on the ground as that is when I have my biggest issues, riding I do fine… I have a reaction to KT tape (tried it) unfortunately.

this one: https://smile.amazon.com/ASO-Stabilizing-Orthosis-inserts-Medium/dp/B000TH16EI/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1505830811&sr=8-7&keywords=aso%2Bankle%2Bstabilizer&refinements=p_89%3AASO-EVO|Medspec%2FASO%2BBraces|ASO&th=1