Unlimited access >

Best sports bras?

I’m also a fan of Title Nine! It’s a fun site that sources different brands onto one platform. (Enell, Panache, etc all in one place.)

I was a 32F, and nothing worked for completely eliminating bounce. I got a breast reduction, and everything feels so much better.

5 Likes

I love that this is a thread!
I’m a frustratingly large size (30H) and I really like the Panache sports bras. I also haven’t really tried many other brands, so I don’t have anything to compare it to. They’re very supportive and I pretty much only ever wear them.

1 Like

Panache underwire sports bra. Hands down. Virtually no bouncing without the “uni-boob” look, and sizes that fit actual women rather than theoretical ideals that don’t exist. Yes, I do get some underarm rubbing on long days, as another poster mentioned. But that happens to me with any bra, so it’s kind of a wash.

Shefit gets good reviews. I have two, and they’re comfortable for around the house wear. If you’re a “normal” (per clothing designers) size, you’ll probably be very happy with them. However, at my size (32GG), I have the same problem with them that I have with every non-Panache sports bra: to get a “cup” size that will accommodate my breasts, I have to order a band size that is too large, thus resulting in excess motion and chafing around the band.

1 Like

34F here, and Knix Catalyst all the way.

Most “sports bras” are laughable in the amount of support they offer. They’re cute, and I wear them to the gym for weightlifting and walking the dog, but high impact like running or riding? Nuh uh. That needs underwire and separated moulded cups. I’m a 28E and wear Panache for riding. Straps the suckers down and get virtually no movement. If I wear a regular sports bra…ouch!

2 Likes

I am a tennis player and was wearing to regular sports bras like you. After that I searched and purchased dragon bra. Well made and comfy gym bra! I wanted to try this “longers” bra type, because the weather has been pretty hot to wear gym bra + shirt and I simply loved it! This bra is well made, fits really well (I like how it seems a top, making me feel comfortable to wear it even to go to the grocery story. I also love that it doesn’t stick to our body), it stretches too (I practice a lot of yoga). I’ve lost the count of how many times I’ve used it since I bought.

For the curious, the correct term is Dragon Fit Sports Bra, otherwise you’ll find that, for some reason, there are a lot of bras with dragons on them.

1 Like

THANK YOU for this thread! Just ordered a Knix Catalyst. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Stormy Daniels recommended a Sports Bra from Amazon back when she was riding. Anyone know what it was? It was not expensive.

Since starting this thread I have tried many of the bras mentioned and thought I would give an update so maybe I could help others!

Knix catalyst— unimpressed especially given the steep price point. The material is nice and comfortable, but the straps don’t hold tension where they are adjusted to (hope that makes sense)— throughout the day they loosen and after a few hours I have no lift/support at all. On an $80 bra?! Come on. Zip front is convenient but pretty obvious under a lot of the thinner riding shirts.

Panache— just an overall really bizarre fit, gave me sideboob, next size up I had no support.

Shefit— really wanted to like it, lots of adjustability but just didn’t work for me. I couldn’t get the band tight enough, and I wanted more coverage. Felt like it pushed my chest too far up with not enough coverage to then um, strap them down :rofl:

The Stormy Daniels recommended Amazon bra (@Limerick I believe this is the one you’re thinking of) https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00C1Z2EPQ/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1
For the price point, not bad. Gives pretty good support and bounce control and the amount of “lift” is adjustable. I do wish it was more comfortable though, I take it off as soon as I get home, the straps dig into my shoulder a bit when I make them tight enough to stop bounce.

Enell is the best I’ve found so far. Best support and bounce reduction for sure. Fairly comfortable although I’ve noticed very slight rubbing when wearing it 6+ hours. Biggest drawback is that it very obvious under thinner riding shirts and it does not come in nude as far as I know. I think I’m just getting to the point where I don’t care anymore :woman_shrugging:

I am pretty happy with the Enell but I am definitely open to any other suggestions, especially if they are less obvious through a thinner riding shirt, and come in a nude shade.

2 Likes

I’ve had good luck w Anita bras.

2 Likes