Unlimited access >

Best way to darken a light colored saddle? (Help please!)

So I’m looking at a CWD SEO1 and I really like the color of the darker leather on the saddle, not so much the alternate lighter color which covers most of the saddle.

If I end up buying it, I would want to try and darken the color a couple shades.

Anyone have any suggestions on products you can use to darken the color of the leather?

Thanks! (;

The CWD leather conditioner (it’s a cream sort of consistency) does a nice job darkening leather; that would be my first choice here.

Alternatively, I also love Blue Ribbon or Walsh’s Clean-n-Treat oil… harder to find, but they are out there and they are the best for darkening as far as oils go.

Hydrophane is another option.

I agree with Pattnic, love CWD conditioner it did a beautiful job on my CWD. AND the Walsh/ Blue Ribbon is my favorite oil for darkening. Pattnic my most recent purchase of the Walsh product has removed the “clean and treat” from the label and now it has Blue Ribbon printed on the Walsh label. I have no problem finding it, my local tack shop orders it directly from Walsh in both the small and gallon sizes.

BAC, this is very exciting news for me! Thanks!

[QUOTE=pattnic;7427198]
BAC, this is very exciting news for me! Thanks![/QUOTE]

I have never had a problem finding it, once Paddock Saddlery closed, I just asked about it at my local shop and they ordered it for me, and now they keep both sizes in stock. If you can’t find it call North Shore Saddlery, 516-922-9198. They are very accommodating and I’m sure they could ship it to you, but they must buy it directly from Walsh, so perhaps you can do that too.