Unlimited access >

Beval Stamford 2012 v. Circuit Premier Special EQ

What would be your preference?

All comments appreciated!

New or Used?

If new, I would probably try to take that budget and put it into something used with a better quality.

I’ve ridden in Stamfords and find them to put riders in a tipped forward position, and be really slick.

I’ve never ridden in that particular Circuit, but have hopped on in student’s Circuits and while they are better balanced, they have a wider twist, that I find uncomfortable.

It also depends on what your goals are. . .

I haven’t ridden in the Beval, but I briefly had that Circuit (in the fwd flap version) and LOVED it. I, sadly, had one of the early ones that had some dye issues so I ended up sending it back, but I really, really liked it. It was very comfortable and put me in a nice position. I didn’t find it had a wide twist - I hate wide twists so I think I would have noticed :wink:

Try both and go with which one fits you/your horse (if applicable) best!

The Premier Special EQ has a fairly shallow seat compared to others in the Premier line. A friend of mine got the Premier SJ with a deeper seat and is happy with it.

[QUOTE=Linny;8240707]
The Premier Special EQ has a fairly shallow seat compared to others in the Premier line. [/QUOTE]

That’s a good point - that’s what drew me to it, but the OP may not like that!