I work as an equine appraiser & equine expert witness. After being called recently by an insurance company to do a death-claim reimbursement for yet another horse electrocuted by an automatic waterer, I felt it was time to share this information with horse owners.
The Chronicle of the Horse just published my article on the subject. I wrote this article in collaboration with my husband, who is a licensed electrician. I’m hoping this information will help educate horse owners and save at least one equine life.