Unlimited access >

Beware of some OTTB sellers, Churchill Hunt Club

[QUOTE=meupatdoes;6356779]
Yes.

Maybe we can start expecting sellers to be HONEST instead of blaming their victims.[/QUOTE]

I have no knowledge about Churchill Hunt whatever. All I knew was what I read in the OP, and that’s what I responded to. I’m not saying the seller is honest or perfect or anything, just that I think the OP certainly didn’t do herself any favors by going ahead with the purchase, lacking recent pictures, a real measurement, and a PPE.

Blame the sellers for being dishonest, but blame yourself for buying the horse without doing your due diligence. (“You” not specifically meaning the OP, just a general “you” which I suppose includes OP).

[QUOTE=findeight;6356814]
A really naive buyer who believed all claims and thought they were a successful show barn?

That’s how they stay in business.[/QUOTE]

Yabbut a PPE by a DVM is different. Like your own mechanic looking over the used car you’d buy, you paying for the house inspection, not taking the seller’s expert’s word for it.

Who goes to the trouble of hiring an expert and then lets the seller choose? I truly.don’t.get it.

Anyone of you credible COTHers let the seller pick your PPE DVM for you? Even if you were from far away?

[QUOTE=mvp;6357109]
Anyone of you credible COTHers let the seller pick your PPE DVM for you? Even if you were from far away?[/QUOTE]

Dunno how credible I am, but I wouldn’t.

CHC had a horse ad for a 2 yr old jumping 4 foot outside courses. Personally, That right there would make me not buy a horse from them. Poor baby.

Churchill hunt Club has been “vetted” here on COTH and did not pass the flexion test. I am always in :confused: when I read of people buying horses sight unseen. Buyer beware all the way around. That being said, always vet the seller…

i am from lexington, ky and am very aware of the lattanzios at churchill hunt club. they have a horrible reputation. all you need to do is google jim and sandra lattanzio and you can pretty much get the gist of the kind of people they are.
that being said i cant imagine buying a horse without fully vetting (by my own vet not the sellers) and laying a set eyes on them. without knowing anything about these people i would think their website alone would turn me off. like everyone else has said the fact that you can only use their vet would be a major red flag to me.
on the plus side this horse im sure is in a much better place and hopefully will get some tlc.

This might be my most favorite google find yet:

http://www.massagemag.com/ExtraEdit/121/Sues.php

They invented their own accreditation system? Neat. Kind of makes you wonder who invented the accreditation system of the “vet” doing the PPE?

this one could be fun too!

http://dockets.justia.com/docket/kentucky/kyedce/5:2009cv00013/59447/

no, no, I take it back. Abandon your horse and let it die of starvation then sue the county!

http://articles.centralkynews.com/2009-01-14/news/24848455_1_lawsuit-horses-james-lattanzio

if you go to their webiste and click on equine education they still offer “the most advanced therapy available” :slight_smile:
and for your convenience there is a vetting appointment page where you provide all your cc information. seems pretty legit to me lol!

I cannot imagine how they are still around, but then I remember WC Fields.

I think the OP, by her own admission, knows she didn’t do the things she should have to insure the horse would be what she wanted. She doesn’t really need this string of admonishments. She is taking responsibility for the horse she got. Lighten up.

The purpose of this post seems to be warning others of this OTTB dealer. Certainly many would take due precautions when buying a horse, but there are many with little experience buying horses and a trusting nature that could be taken advantage of. This is a warning to them. Thank you.

[QUOTE=moonriverfarm;6361654]
I cannot imagine how they are still around, but then I remember WC Fields.[/QUOTE]

Is this Kansas City, Kansas, or Kansas City, Missouri?

It’s Oz. Or the circus.

That is correct Ptownevt, thanks. As I said earlier I know my misstakes, First was not coming on here and researching or asking but I am somewhat new in writing on this forum.

Second: I went ahead and purchased the horse. I am sorry I did and glad. He is a handful and if the wrong hands got him he could of hurt someone.
She advertised him at 17 hands and I did need a horse that tall due to my husband is 6’ 3". On Church Hill website most horses are advertised 17 hands to get the Hunter/jumper people to notice.

So to end on a good note: My first OTTB purchase just won her first $1500. NAL Adult Jumper class at the Palm Beach Show last week.

OP got had…we all get had somewhere in our lives. Maybe not horse-related, but somewhere SOMEONE gets the drop on us.

The point of this is not to bash the OP, it’s to make everyone aware of a shady seller.

OP, I got had by a TB seller a few months ago. I thought I had most of my bases covered, but things still went sour. It happens. You got a lemon, make some lemonade and I’ll bring the vodka!

16.2 will make a fine hunter pony for a growing child. Can you say ‘resale project’? :yes:

Thank you for asking. I dont like to rebuttal because these people dont care. No matter what i say it is shot down.

This is started by an individual who hates me and her freinds. I cant win.

The point is I saved and sold 200 horses last year to good homes. I know where all my horses are and I even fly around the country at my expense if they need help with their new horse.
I am a good and caring person. I have had people come to my farm who have read this stuff on this forum and are glad they did. They had seen that this is just an attack to defame me. My horses are healthy and well cared for. They get lots of turnout.
For the lady who bought the horse from us. I told her the horse was strong and needed a professional rider. She told me she had raced horses and they were professional people. He was not unsafe. I was jumping him over cross rails out in my 10 acre feild and he never ran off with me. I have an exchange policy because i want both horse and new owners to be happy. She never told me she wanted to return the horse. Yes, He was very fuzzy as kentucky in the winter gets very cold. She lives in fl. He was in good health and was not under weight. I advised her to ship by brookledge and she wanted to cut cost and choose a cheap shipper who had the horse on the trailer for two days. He was worn out and dehydrated.

The vetting. Yes i only alow our vet. Why? Because i had a vet come out who i didnt know and they didnt clip the nails before taking the shoes off and tore half his foot off. This poor horse was laid up in a stall for four months and had to have special care. The radio graphs can and are emaied to the buyers vet. Also. With the two week exchange. Sometimes a buyer will then have their vet also look at the horse. If they are not happy they can send the horse back. This is right on my site.

I have learned how there are always two sides. If you go to rip off you will see how the chronicle is netorious for this. because of these discussions many trainers careers have been ruined. Check it out.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/internet/the-chronicle-of-the/the-chronicle-of-the-horse-f-84054.htm

The bottom line is my customers are happy. My horses are healty. I do a good thing. 200 horses That would have gone to slaughter. The people who hate me for what ever reason will never change. They will always hate me. I dont even know why… I have a mission to do whats right and i am doing my best. For the lady with the black horse. Feel free to send him back, I will work with you.

I will never stop helping these horses and the people who choose to come and visit or purchase horses from us. Thank you for all of you who have put your trust in me. Like I tell all my customers. When you buy a horse from us, I am with you for life.

To help clear up any questions you may have. post a question and I will do my best to awnser it. I am an open book. I am actually very glad to respond personallly openly for all to read…

Thank you for asking. I dont like to rebuttal because these people dont care. No matter what i say it is shot down.

The point is I saved and sold 200 horses last year to good homes. I know where all my horses are and I even fly around the country at my expense if they need help with their new horse.
I am a good and caring person. I have had people come to my farm who have read this stuff on this forum and are glad they did. They had seen that this is just an attack to defame me. My horses are healthy and well cared for. They get lots of turnout.
For the lady who bought the horse from us. I told her the horse was strong and needed a professional rider. She told me she had raced horses and they were professional people. He was not unsafe. I was jumping him over cross rails out in my 10 acre feild and he never ran off with me. I have an exchange policy because i want both horse and new owners to be happy. She never told me she wanted to return the horse. Yes, He was very fuzzy as kentucky in the winter gets very cold. She lives in fl. He was in good health and was not under weight. I advised her to ship by brookledge and she wanted to cut cost and choose a cheap shipper who had the horse on the trailer for two days. He was worn out and dehydrated.

The vetting. Yes i only alow our vet. Why? Because i had a vet come out who i didnt know and they didnt clip the nails before taking the shoes off and tore half his foot off. This poor horse was laid up in a stall for four months and had to have special care. The radio graphs can and are emaied to the buyers vet. Also. With the two week exchange. Sometimes a buyer will then have their vet also look at the horse. If they are not happy they can send the horse back. This is right on my site.

I have learned how there are always two sides. If you go to rip off you will see how the chronicle is netorious for this. because of these discussions many trainers careers have been ruined. Check it out.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/internet/the-chronicle-of-the/the-chronicle-of-the-horse-f-84054.htm

The bottom line is my customers are happy. My horses are healty. I do a good thing. 200 horses That would have gone to slaughter. The people who hate me for what ever reason will never change. They will always hate me. I dont even know why… I have a mission to do whats right and i am doing my best. For the lady with the black horse. Feel free to send him back, I will work with you.

I will never stop helping these horses and the people who choose to come and visit or purchase horses from us. Thank you for all of you who have put your trust in me. Like I tell all my customers. When you buy a horse from us, I am with you for life.

To help clear up any questions you may have. post a question and I will do my best to awnser it. I am an open book. I am actually very glad to respond personallly openly for all to read…

Just in case…

[QUOTE=Churchill Hunt Club;6476451]

To help clear up any questions you may have. post a question and I will do my best to awnser it. I am an open book. I am actually very glad to respond personallly openly for all to read…[/QUOTE]

Wonder when that book in the ripoffreport link is going to be published. heh.

[QUOTE=caffeinated;6476477]
Wonder when that book in the ripoffreport link is going to be published. heh.[/QUOTE]

Indeed! I had no idea there was a ripoff report about COTH! Quite an entertaining read, by the way! :lol:

Why would the OP hate her friends? :lol: