Unlimited access >

Beware of some OTTB sellers, Churchill Hunt Club

Maybe she mispelled “fiends?”

I know I hate my fiends.

[QUOTE=Feeltheride;6355445]

The ad said this: Black 17.1 hands gorgeous Thourghbred
had a very nice photo of him standing looked well groomed and taken in the summer.

<snip>

We got: a Dark Brown, 4" length of coat, with some kind of skin desease, 16.2 hands and about 300lbs underweight.[/QUOTE]

Did you buy Radical Swing? The horse is on their website as a black 17.3 horse, but they also include a link to the horse’s pedigree where it says the color is dark bay or brown. My point is that it’s not too hard to do a little homework.

Buyer beware is always important. I’m sorry this happened to you, but seems like it could have been avoided without a ton of effort.

What’s the price range on these horses? Just curious. Some of them are pretty cute.

To the OP- I’m sorry you got hosed, and happy for the horse. I hope you can get 'round him and make him up into a useful citizen.

This is from the Ripoff Report, because it very neatly encapsulates so many wrong things: “I know 12 people who have had their entire careers DISTROYED by this website, because it allowed unproven lies to be posted about innocent people.”

Not DISTROYED??!!! Oh, noes!!! Also, if lies are proven does that make them ok?

The OP is getting a lot of grief for buying a horse without going to look…While it didn’t work out for her, it can work with a reputable seller. I have purchased ALL of my horses via pictures or videos and via word of mouth. I’ve never gone to look and have yet to have a bad experience. (In the beginning because I didn’t have the money to go look and now because I only buy from word-of-mouth recommendations). In fact, we just spent quite a bit of money on a new horse for my husband and, as usual, got a horse that is even better than the video. In fairness, all had PPE by great vets and we always had someone we recommend the horses and/or sellers. In this case the lessons learned are: Research the seller and get a PPE…and avoid sketchy operations. :wink:

Your right, I did right that incorrectly. I meant her and her freinds hate me.

Sorry for the mispelling

[QUOTE=caffeinated;6476505]

I know I hate my fiends.[/QUOTE]

Your right, I did right that incorrectly. I meant her and her freinds hate me.

[QUOTE=Churchill Hunt Club;6476778]
Your right, I did right that incorrectly. I meant her and her freinds hate me.[/QUOTE]

Right? Holy moley… Quit while you’re ahead girl!

[QUOTE=LizzyM;6476781]
Right? Holy moley… Quit while you’re ahead girl![/QUOTE]

I dont understand the statement. is this a personal attack or business. Lets show a little class. If your a teenager then ill let it pass. lol

Vetting and using approved vets

[QUOTE=mvp;6357109]
Yabbut a PPE by a DVM is different. Like your own mechanic looking over the used car you’d buy, you paying for the house inspection, not taking the seller’s expert’s word for it.

Who goes to the trouble of hiring an expert and then lets the seller choose? I truly.don’t.get it.

Anyone of you credible COTHers let the seller pick your PPE DVM for you? Even if you were from far away?[/QUOTE]

Your right. I completly agree with you. You should never depend on only the sellers Vet. This is why we email all radiographs to there vet and also welcome the buyers vet to also be there. This is for saftey of the horse. This has worked out well. The Vets on our list have found things wrong. Of course no horse is perfect. It is better for us if the buyer chooses to vet the horse out before purchase. We encourage it.

[QUOTE=findeight;6356766]
I don’t mean to pile on but there is a big lesson here.

GOOGLE.

While it is not the be all end all a simple search of the names here would have revealed a whole lot besides questionable statements about sale horses. Public record too, not just opinions.

Farm name has been changed but still has “Churchill” in it…guess they need to try harder.

Also, ask on COTH. A simple “anybody done business with…” or “who should I buy from…” thread would have saved you alot of time trouble and rehab costs.

These people have been around here quite awhile and do not enjoy a great reputation locally.[/QUOTE]

We changed our name because we are not a hunt club or a show barn. We actually have a very good reputation. Its only here that I get bashed. Yes we do have some other things in the news.

1. The boyle county horses that were starved and stolen from us. We are still looking for my daughters two horses. They killed one of them of starvation. Its louie.
    Yes, we did sue the county. We were trying to force them in telling us where are horses were. The county sherrif and county attorney and a landlord had a horse theft racket going on. That was confirned through lincoln county animal countrol as they have been after them for a while… We were locked out of the farm we were renting by the county attorney. They acted on an illegal warent that they put togeather and was never signed. The landlord claimed we owed him hay money. The landlord was stocking our 17 year old daughter. He has continued to stock up in Lexington.
    Animal control did nothing due to the fact his boss was the county attorney who was involved. They all starved my daughters champion childrens jumper to death. We tried to go on the property and all of boyle county sherrifs were there with big guns. Scary. The person who started this bashing of us is a suspect in these acts. The whole event did a real number on my liitle girl. Please dont condone what these people did to my daughter and family and what happened to us in boyle county. These people are evil and vishes. It took us a long tome to recover. My daughter is still very upset. Geena is the sweetest girl . If you have ever met her, you would love her. Kind and caring.

2. Galen Institute
    was a very sucessful human massage school up in ct. Built from the ground up. Licensed was renewed every year including the year we shut it down.
    we hired a women to run our stamford school. She was best freinds with the comissioner of higher ed. We caught her steeling from the comp and using the name and racked up high credit card bills even bought a car. So, we through her out.
    The comissioner then had her staff enter one of the schools during a federal accreditation visit. We were working on getting student loans for the students. They illegally invaded and interupted this visit. They intentionally were trying to prevent us from getting federal aid for our students. We had no choice but to sue. Ct never won the case. They turned around and sued me which i wasnt even an owner. Just an employee. They didnt win that either. The reason it is all over the internet is Wonderful Richard Bluminthaoult was defending his staff and his position. They renewed our lic october of 2005. We shut the schools down and said life is to short for this. There were 10 remaining students who were fully refunded through the student protection fund that is required to pay into. Its a required insurance policy.

I hope this clears some of the links that have been posted. Anyone at anytime can put anything on the interent. Just because you dont like someone or you are a competitor.

At least I am coming forward and responding to these statements.
about coth

http://www.ripoffreport.com/internet/the-chronicle-of-the/the-chronicle-of-the-horse-f-84054.htm

http://www.scaminformer.com/scam-report/the-chronicle-of-the-horse-forums-the-chronicle-of-the-c71391.html

MANY COME VICTOM OF THE CHRONICLE
A Vicious place to be attacked. Moderators do not follow the Chronicles own rules.

[QUOTE=caffeinated;6476505]

I know I hate my fiends.[/QUOTE]

I always mispell that word. You would think I would get it right…

[QUOTE=jetsmom;6357522]
CHC had a horse ad for a 2 yr old jumping 4 foot outside courses. Personally, That right there would make me not buy a horse from them. Poor baby.[/QUOTE]

I agree this horse should not be jumped that high at three. Once wont hurt him.
This horse was only jumped once that high. Just to show his portental. Jumping that once is nothng compared to breezing a horse or racing. People want to see what these horses can do. Either I jump them or they go to slaughter. You Pick.
This horse lives in a 20 acre field with salt and mineral blocks. He comes in everyday for his food. We only work our horses for 15 mns. In 30 years have not had a horse injured or break down…

I mean no disrespect, but please use spell and grammar check when posting. The COTH Reply to Thread feature actually has spell check built-in. Additionally, if you copy and paste your post into any grammar checking website (or Microsoft Word) it would be beneficial for everyone who reads the content. It is difficult to understand your meaning when the grammar and spelling are so deviant from standard English. The red lines underneath a word denote a non-standard spelling. If you use a grammar check you can catch quite a few errors by watching for the green lines, which can help you to distinguish between common errors such as your versus you’re. The content of your posts aside, fixing these errors can begin to help give your Internet persona to a somewhat more professional and educated vibe. It doesn’t matter if one is an English major or not, if you choose to use the written word as a means of communication it would be helpful if it were done effectively. :wink:

[QUOTE=evntr5218;6360836]
i am from lexington, ky and am very aware of the lattanzios at churchill hunt club. they have a horrible reputation. all you need to do is google jim and sandra lattanzio and you can pretty much get the gist of the kind of people they are.
that being said i cant imagine buying a horse without fully vetting (by my own vet not the sellers) and laying a set eyes on them. without knowing anything about these people i would think their website alone would turn me off. like everyone else has said the fact that you can only use their vet would be a major red flag to me.
on the plus side this horse im sure is in a much better place and hopefully will get some tlc.[/QUOTE]

We changed our name because we are not a hunt club or a show barn. We actually have a very good reputation. Its only here that I get bashed. Yes we do have some other things in the news.

1. The boyle county horses that were starved and stolen from us. We are still looking for my daughters two horses. They killed one of them of starvation. Its louie.
    Yes, we did sue the county. We were trying to force them in telling us where are horses were. The county sherrif and county attorney and a landlord had a horse theft racket going on. That was confirned through lincoln county animal countrol as they have been after them for a while… We were locked out of the farm we were renting by the county attorney. They acted on an illegal warent that they put togeather and was never signed. The landlord claimed we owed him hay money. The landlord was stocking our 17 year old daughter. He has continued to stock up in Lexington.
    Animal control did nothing due to the fact his boss was the county attorney who was involved. They all starved my daughters champion childrens jumper to death. We tried to go on the property and all of boyle county sherrifs were there with big guns. Scary. The person who started this bashing of us is a suspect in these acts. The whole event did a real number on my liitle girl. Please dont condone what these people did to my daughter and family and what happened to us in boyle county. These people are evil and vishes. It took us a long tome to recover. My daughter is still very upset. Geena is the sweetest girl . If you have ever met her, you would love her. Kind and caring.

2. Galen Institute
    was a very sucessful human massage school up in ct. Built from the ground up. Licensed was renewed every year including the year we shut it down.
    we hired a women to run our stamford school. She was best freinds with the comissioner of higher ed. We caught her steeling from the comp and using the name and racked up high credit card bills even bought a car. So, we through her out.
    The comissioner then had her staff enter one of the schools during a federal accreditation visit. We were working on getting student loans for the students. They illegally invaded and interupted this visit. They intentionally were trying to prevent us from getting federal aid for our students. We had no choice but to sue. Ct never won the case. They turned around and sued me which i wasnt even an owner. Just an employee. They didnt win that either. The reason it is all over the internet is Wonderful Richard Bluminthaoult was defending his staff and his position. They renewed our lic october of 2005. We shut the schools down and said life is to short for this. There were 10 remaining students who were fully refunded through the student protection fund that is required to pay into. Its a required insurance policy.

I hope this clears some of the links that have been posted. Anyone at anytime can put anything on the interent. Just because you dont like someone or you are a competitor.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/internet/the-chronicle-of-the/the-chronicle-of-the-horse-f-84054.htm

[QUOTE=showidaho;6476903]
I mean no disrespect, but please use spell and grammar check when posting. The COTH Reply to Thread feature actually has spell check built-in. Additionally, if you copy and paste your post into any grammar checking website (or Microsoft Word) it would be beneficial for everyone who reads the content. It is difficult to understand your meaning when the grammar and spelling are so deviant from standard English. The red lines underneath a word denote a non-standard spelling. If you use a grammar check you can catch quite a few errors by watching for the green lines, which can help you to distinguish between common errors such as your versus you’re. The content of your posts aside, fixing these errors can begin to help give your Internet persona to a somewhat more professional and educated vibe. It doesn’t matter if one is an English major or not, if you choose to use the written word as a means of communication it would be helpful if it were done effectively. ;)[/QUOTE]

I appriciate the criticism . I will try harder. Although i feel this is a personal attack not a business one.

CHC–you might do well to refelct on the maxim that if one finds oneself in a hole, the first order of business is to cease excavation.

[QUOTE=Churchill Hunt Club;6476917]
I appriciate the criticism . I will try harder. Although i feel this is a personal attack not a business one.[/QUOTE]

No matter the situation, it never hurts to come across as professional. I have no affiliation with or knowledge of your program, but I do appreciate being able to read and comprehend the posts on this board. Best of luck to everyone involved, especially the horses!

[QUOTE=findeight;6356766]
I don’t mean to pile on but there is a big lesson here.

GOOGLE.

While it is not the be all end all a simple search of the names here would have revealed a whole lot besides questionable statements about sale horses. Public record too, not just opinions.

Farm name has been changed but still has “Churchill” in it…guess they need to try harder.

Also, ask on COTH. A simple “anybody done business with…” or “who should I buy from…” thread would have saved you alot of time trouble and rehab costs.

These people have been around here quite awhile and do not enjoy a great reputation locally.[/QUOTE]

2. Galen Institute

[QUOTE=showidaho;6476935]
No matter the situation, it never hurts to come across as professional. I have no affiliation with or knowledge of your program, but I do appreciate being able to read and comprehend the posts on this board. Best of luck to everyone involved, especially the horses![/QUOTE]

I do tend to rush through these post. Usually i dont even read them. After working all day I make mistakes. I agree on spelling and writing. Which my website is driving me crazy. I spell check it and it always goes back to my mistakes. Go figure. I have to go through that again also. Thank you for being sincerel.

[QUOTE=moonriverfarm;6359383]
Churchill hunt Club has been “vetted” here on COTH and did not pass the flexion test. I am always in :confused: when I read of people buying horses sight unseen. Buyer beware all the way around. That being said, always vet the seller…[/QUOTE]

I know i havent passed the coth vetting. Who is vetting me? O the bloggers on the cronicle. Started by someone who hates me. The person who is a suspect of my little girls stolen horses. Thanks,l,

For the buying site unseen this is why we have a two week policy. If the buyer is not happy they can send the horse back.

This is common with this site.
Real creditable from what i have been reading.