Unlimited access >

Beware of some OTTB sellers, Churchill Hunt Club

[QUOTE=Churchill Hunt Club;6476804]
Your right. I completly agree with you. You should never depend on only the sellers Vet. This is why we email all radiographs to there vet and also welcome the buyers vet to also be there. This is for saftey of the horse. This has worked out well. The Vets on our list have found things wrong. Of course no horse is perfect. It is better for us if the buyer chooses to vet the horse out before purchase. We encourage it.[/QUOTE]

So, let me get this straight, you pay for your vet to do the vetting and the buyer can pay for their vet to watch? Or does the buyer have to pay for two vets to be present in order to get an unbiased vetting?

I’m sorry, but insisting that customers use your vet for PPEs is not considered ethical in the mainstream horse world. Just giving you the heads up here that this practice will not enhance your reputation with customers.

[QUOTE=Churchill Hunt Club;6476979]
I know i havent passed the coth vetting. Who is vetting me? O the bloggers on the cronicle. Started by someone who hates me. The person who is a suspect of my little girsl stolen horses. Thanks,l,
This is common with this site.
Real creditable from what i have been reading.

http://www.ripoffreport.com/internet...se-f-84054.htm[/QUOTE]

Oh my. This is the funniest post I believe I’ve ever seen on COTH…and for so many reasons!:lol::lol::lol:

My husband always says that there are two sides to every story, and the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

OP, it is terrific that you have adopted 5 OTTB’s. These horses are so very lucky to get a second chance. Although your experience sounds pretty unsavory, you can never be totally sure of what you are going to end up with when making any kind of purchase sight unseen. A lot of people make that kind of purchase over and over again and really luck out, some people are not so lucky. Hopefully your new guy will turn out to be a great horse for you with TLC and time, and I hope you will be able to focus on the great deed you did for that horse. It was a good lesson learned.

Now, I dont know anything about CHC; I have just started looking for OTTB’s and have not seen anything about CHC. I will say that I have seen a lot of “half-way houses” for horses that were not run by the best management in the world, but their hearts were in to finding better lives for rescues than the alternative. I can imagine it being difficult to run this sort of organization if you dont have a lot of money to get it started in a top notch fashion. Let’s just hope that CHC has their hearts in the right place, that their horses are in fact well cared for, and that they get placed in loving homes with people that will love them forever and keep them out of the feed lots. Based on what CHC has posted, they also have a lot of lessons to learn.

If you feel a shadow of a doubt, trust your instincts when horse shopping. If someone wants a OTTB project and is not willing to check them out in person, keep your expectations low…you don’t want to set yourself up for disappointment; and who knows, you might end up having your expectations exceeded!

Well, my best friend imported her stallion from Holland sight unseen.

But the agent was Bernie Traurig. :lol:

[QUOTE=GingerJumper;6356943]
I have no knowledge about Churchill Hunt whatever. All I knew was what I read in the OP, and that’s what I responded to. I’m not saying the seller is honest or perfect or anything, just that I think the OP certainly didn’t do herself any favors by going ahead with the purchase, lacking recent pictures, a real measurement, and a PPE.

Blame the sellers for being dishonest, but blame yourself for buying the horse without doing your due diligence. (“You” not specifically meaning the OP, just a general “you” which I suppose includes OP).[/QUOTE]

True. But remember buyers can be dishonest also. They can also misrepresent to the sellers. That is why we have a two week policy. If they are not happy they can send the horse back.

[QUOTE=GingerJumper;6356943]
I have no knowledge about Churchill Hunt whatever. All I knew was what I read in the OP, and that’s what I responded to. I’m not saying the seller is honest or perfect or anything, just that I think the OP certainly didn’t do herself any favors by going ahead with the purchase, lacking recent pictures, a real measurement, and a PPE.

Blame the sellers for being dishonest, but blame yourself for buying the horse without doing your due diligence. (“You” not specifically meaning the OP, just a general “you” which I suppose includes OP).[/QUOTE]

True. remember the buyers can also be dishonest. This is why we have a two week policy. If the buyer is not happy they can send the horse back.

[QUOTE=Carolinadreamin’;6477040]
Oh my. This is the funniest post I believe I’ve ever seen on COTH…and for so many reasons!:lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

It discusts me that you think that someone starving and stealing our horses is funny. Who are you. what kind of human are are you.

[QUOTE=MyGiantPony;6477148]
Well, my best friend imported her stallion from Holland sight unseen.

But the agent was Bernie Traurig. :lol:[/QUOTE]

I agree buying site unseen can be dangerous if 1. you dont take the proper steps. We encourage all our buyers to have vet checks. Its even on our site. 2 we have a two week policy. If the buyer is not happy they can send the horse back. We do our best for the buyers to be happy with their new horse.

[QUOTE=mvp;6357109]
Yabbut a PPE by a DVM is different. Like your own mechanic looking over the used car you’d buy, you paying for the house inspection, not taking the seller’s expert’s word for it.

Who goes to the trouble of hiring an expert and then lets the seller choose? I truly.don’t.get it.

Anyone of you credible COTHers let the seller pick your PPE DVM for you? Even if you were from far away?[/QUOTE]

Your right. I completly agree with you. You should never depend on only the sellers Vet. This is why we email all radiographs to there vet and also welcome the buyers vet to also be there. This is for saftey of the horse. This has worked out well. The Vets on our list have found things wrong. Of course no horse is perfect. It is better for us if the buyer chooses to vet the horse out before purchase. We encourage it.

[QUOTE=TheRedFox;6477059]
My husband always says that there are two sides to every story, and the truth is usually somewhere in the middle.

OP, it is terrific that you have adopted 5 OTTB’s. These horses are so very lucky to get a second chance. Although your experience sounds pretty unsavory, you can never be totally sure of what you are going to end up with when making any kind of purchase sight unseen. A lot of people make that kind of purchase over and over again and really luck out, some people are not so lucky. Hopefully your new guy will turn out to be a great horse for you with TLC and time, and I hope you will be able to focus on the great deed you did for that horse. It was a good lesson learned.

Now, I dont know anything about CHC; I have just started looking for OTTB’s and have not seen anything about CHC. I will say that I have seen a lot of “half-way houses” for horses that were not run by the best management in the world, but their hearts were in to finding better lives for rescues than the alternative. I can imagine it being difficult to run this sort of organization if you dont have a lot of money to get it started in a top notch fashion. Let’s just hope that CHC has their hearts in the right place, that their horses are in fact well cared for, and that they get placed in loving homes with people that will love them forever and keep them out of the feed lots. Based on what CHC has posted, they also have a lot of lessons to learn.

If you feel a shadow of a doubt, trust your instincts when horse shopping. If someone wants a OTTB project and is not willing to check them out in person, keep your expectations low…you don’t want to set yourself up for disappointment; and who knows, you might end up having your expectations exceeded![/QUOTE]

I invite you out to my farm 629 carrick pike georgetown ky. 859-699-4896. Please come see how beutiful our horses look. Our farm is very nice and well kept.We have two vets that visit our farm weekly. Our program is great. Please come out and see and spend some time with me. You will see what a nice operation we have and good homes these horses have. Most of our new owners are on my fb. They are all happy. I had one unhappy customer out of 200. I didnt know she was unhappy. She never said she wanted to return the horse. I have now told her I would work wth her. Seven months later.

Oh my. This is the funniest post I believe I’ve ever seen on COTH…and for so many reasons!:lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

You have every intentions of tarring and feathering.

[QUOTE=mvp;6357109]
Yabbut a PPE by a DVM is different. Like your own mechanic looking over the used car you’d buy, you paying for the house inspection, not taking the seller’s expert’s word for it.

Who goes to the trouble of hiring an expert and then lets the seller choose? I truly.don’t.get it.

Anyone of you credible COTHers let the seller pick your PPE DVM for you? Even if you were from far away?[/QUOTE]

Your right. I completly agree with you. You should never depend on only the sellers Vet. This is why we email all radiographs to there vet and also welcome the buyers vet to also be there. This is for saftey of the horse. This has worked out well. The Vets on our list have found things wrong. Of course no horse is perfect. It is better for us if the buyer chooses to vet the horse out before purchase. We encourage it.

It discusts me that you think that someone starving and stealing our horses is funny. Who are you. what kind of human are are you.

coth
http://www.ripoffreport.com/internet/the-chronicle-of-the/the-chronicle-of-the-horse-f-84054.htm

http://www.scaminformer.com/scam-report/the-chronicle-of-the-horse-forums-the-chronicle-of-the-c71391.html

OMG, it’s too early for wine:no: And beceides my eies are bernning :eek:

[QUOTE=BeeHoney;6477011]So, let me get this straight, you pay for your vet to do the vetting and the buyer can pay for their vet to watch? Or does the buyer have to pay for two vets to be present in order to get an unbiased vetting?

I’m sorry, but insisting that customers use your vet for PPEs is not considered ethical in the mainstream horse world. Just giving you the heads up here that this practice will not enhance your reputation with customers.[/QUOTE

I completely respect your opinion. We have policies for the safety of the horse. 1. The vets we use are not going to jeopardize their license for me. 2. After a vet who we did not know ripped half our horses foot while taking off a shoe for radiographs,.That was the first and last time that was going to happen on our farm. The poor horse was laid up for four months in a stall. Not to mention the special care. We encourage vetting. Yes our vet needs to be there. As I said, Radiographs can be emailed any where. You may think people don’t like this. Everyone has understood and again we have sold 200 horses and saved 200 last year. It has not impacted new homes for theses horses. The buyers like the fact we encourage vetting and support it. They also like the fact that we are taking extra measures for the safety of these horses.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

The more obvious solution from a buyer’s perspective might be to have your farrier pull shoes the day of the PPE. Or do so yourself.

[QUOTE=Eventer55;6477841]
OMG, it’s too early for wine:no: And beceides my eies are bernning :eek:[/QUOTE]

Bwahahahahahaha, the gram-ma-mar pole-eese wouldn’t know where to start with this poster! And what is wrong with you? It’s never to early for wine. Doncha remember the saying “It’s 5 o’clock somewhere”? :winkgrin:

Sorry for the OP. Sometimes you just get sucked into the wrong deal. Later you kick yourself. shrug

http://www.ripoffreport.com/internet/the-chronicle-of-the/the-chronicle-of-the-horse-

Ripoff
http://www.ripoffreport.com/internet/the-chronicle-of-the/the-chronicle-of-the-horse-f-84054.htm

scam
http://www.scaminformer.com/scam-report/the-chronicle-of-the-horse-forums-the-chronicle-of-the-c71391.html

[QUOTE=Ghazzu;6478034]
The more obvious solution from a buyer’s perspective might be to have your farrier pull shoes the day of the PPE. Or do so yourself.[/QUOTE]

I agree totally. Except, this is not the only incident that happened where our horses were put in a bad situation. That was just one. I had a vet and his crew come over and during the flex test slammed the legs down before jogging. It’s unbelievable what can happen. We have had three different vets look at a horse and three different opinions. First and fore most, our horses stay safe. We are responsible for them. These horses are not the buyers until they buy them. Until then we have to protect them. All decent people have fully agreed with our policy.
ripoff

scam reporter