Unlimited access >

Bit of Britain

Apologies in advance if this topic has been broached before, I didn’t have much luck with the search engine. I recently bought something online from Bit of Britain and while they accepted my payment immediately, there hasn’t been any movement past “handling order status. It’s only been a week but I’m starting to wonder whether or not it’s a reputable vendor. I’ve tried calling to speak to someone, but I keep getting an error message after about three rings. The one time the call did go through I wasn’t able to speak with someone, a message said to leave your name, order number and contact info. I’ve been seeing reviews on other sites and it seems they have a habit of accepting payment and taking forever to the item out. Anyone else have any recent input or reviews about this company?
Thanks in advance

I placed an order on 7/26 and it just shipped today. I did call this AM and easily got ahold of customer service.

https://www.bbb.org/us/pa/oxford/profile/home-furnishings/bit-of-britain-inc-0241-141520765

in the past they have been popular, but it does look like they may be having issues.

Ordered 7/26 and it just shipped? We’re you able to get a tracking number from them?

I did read the BBB complaints and it gave me pause.

Maybe the sale they were having was too good to be true lol. I tried calling again and after several more failed attempts, finally got through to an automated system. Was hoping to be able to speak to an actual person but that didn’t happen and I was prompted to leave my contact info and order number.

Bit of Britain was sold a couple of years ago. (I haven’t purchased from them since the sale, so no experience to compare.)

1 Like

Uh oh. I used to buy regularly, and was surprised to see the question posed, but if it’s sold then… :grimacing:

:grimacing: Yeah, Bit of a Bummer lol. Returns aren’t free unless an item is damaged. If my item does arrive and I have to send it back, I’m not optimistic that I’ll be refunded in a timely manner. And since I can’t get ahold of an actual person, I can’t nip the issue in the bud by just canceling the order.

if you paid by credit card can you contact your credit card and have them put a stop? Non delivery of good and service should cover your right to do so

then leave a msg on BoB machine and tell them you put a stop on the money and to cancel the order due to lack of service and follow through. They know they are delivering poor service. They are hiding from their customers

We’ve never had good luck with them, even before they were sold. They notoriously just don’t process orders, don’t ship things, they advertise things that they don’t actually have in stock, and communicating with them is exhausting.

Their in person store was okay, but it was run out of a big warehouse that was sectioned off. They also didn’t have AC so shopping during the warmer months was horrible. I don’t know if it’s still open.

This thread explains why I haven’t gotten a refund for an item I returned. Thank you.

I recently placed an order with them, waited a week with no updates, and then reached out via email. It wasn’t scheduled to ship for another TWO WEEKS. Cancelled the order & bought from Smartpak, who had it to me in 2 days.

My email query was answered quickly, and the rep on the other end was very nice. They offered a gift card & said she would try to get it to me sooner, but I didn’t have the time to wait.

Bit of a head scratcher, really–just put the care into fulfillment as you do into customer care, and you’ll have happier customers?? Three weeks from placing the order to in hand is just laughable, especially with ZERO visibility on that sort of delay!

Spoke with an actual person this morning. They said they would have the item shipped today and I should get it by the end of the week. Also threw in a gift card as a courtesy. We’ll see if my order actually comes :crossed_fingers:

For years I lived within 10 mins of the brick and mortar store until it closed a while back. Other than their tent sale, I refused to shop there if that says anything

I ordered a helmet from them in April and it didn’t ship for a little over a month. I had to email back and forth with them a few times, and it did finally ship with a bit of pushing (and they were quite nice about the whole situation). The helmet didn’t fit and I had to return it–it took a few weeks for the refund on my CC, but it did go through. It wasn’t the best experience, but I do think they’re a pretty small operation (and the helmet in question has been notoriously backordered).

Well my order arrived today. And the item fits, so I don’t have to fuss over returns or refunds! I’m so relieved!

3 Likes

has anyone ordered from them lately?