Unlimited access >

Bitless bridles in Dressage! Please assist!

Hi there! I am currently completing a research project, answering the question “Should bitless bridles be legalised in dressage events and to what extent are they a better option than traditional bridles” and I would love for your input!:heartbeat:

Thank you so much for your time!:horse:

Done.

Done.

Thanks for putting this out there

Shouldn’t research be conducted in a manner that the results have not been determined before testing commences? “To what extent are they a better option” is hardly going to create any worthwhile data capture.

23 Likes

Who created this survey? It’s very poorly designed with very leading question clearly designed with a bias in mind

12 Likes

No kidding. This isn’t anything I would consider participating in.

10 Likes

I can understand coming here for survey responses. But these questions aren’t really posed like a research project. The questions reveal a certain bias. Not sure if that’s intentional or not, but it’s very apparent.

The questions also make me a little twitchy. It’s like I can sense the cold, clammy ghost of Ye Olde Reverend in the background. :flushed:

11 Likes

Very poorly designed instrument. It solicits emotions and beliefs rather than data.

10 Likes

This is definitely not “research” and the results could not be used to reach any definitive conclusions. If this is a high school project or similar on making surveys, fine, but even then some attention should be paid to question design, neutral language and removing bias.

If afraid it gets a D grade from me

7 Likes

Never even went to the survey. The title alone is biased enough to tell me this is not legit research.

8 Likes

i immediately thought: Oh, this is a teenager.
and then, a few negative comments and Poof! she’s gone.
fragile teenager sensibilities. I think we were all there at one time …

I took the “survey.” It was obviously slanted. But I gave my very clear reasons as to “Why Not?” LOL

3 Likes

Me, too. Afraid they won’t get the thumbs up for bitless from me…

1 Like