Unlimited access >

Blind rider + perfect TB gentleman!

Last month I was working back gate at a local show and one of the trainers was telling me about her rider who’s legally blind…imagine my surprise when I saw an article about the pair on my Facebook feed last night!

http://offtrackthoroughbreds.com/2014/09/22/blind-rider-and-a-t-bred-26-are-champs/

Too cool!

That’s a heartwarming story. What a great horse and brave rider. :slight_smile:

Very lovely story.

I enjoyed that. Thanks for posting.

I have a friend who is also legally blind, she shows in the jumpers, including the high ammys at HITS in the GP ring. She is an excellent rider and her horse is no packer either, he’s a very sensitive, hot jumper type. I am amazed at what people can do, I have enough trouble doing these things with good vision. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=BAC;7773801]
I have a friend who is also legally blind, she shows in the jumpers, including the high ammys at HITS in the GP ring. She is an excellent rider and her horse is no packer either, he’s a very sensitive, hot jumper type. I am amazed at what people can do, I have enough trouble doing these things with good vision. :)[/QUOTE]

Amen. Though there are days I think I probably would ride better if I just shut my eyes. :wink:

[QUOTE=ParadoxFarm;7773809]
Amen. Though there are days I think I probably would ride better if I just shut my eyes. ;)[/QUOTE]

I have done that occasionally. :yes:

Rio is a well-known horse around these parts–he’s shown so many people the ropes! It is a great story; what a inspiring young lady. I didn’t get over to that ring to watch them go–sure wish I had.

[QUOTE=Calvincrowe;7773882]
Rio is a well-known horse around these parts–he’s shown so many people the ropes! It is a great story; what a inspiring young lady. I didn’t get over to that ring to watch them go–sure wish I had.[/QUOTE]

They looked great at the Bedrock show in August. He went around like a champ and she clearly has so much trust in him, such a good partnership. I love to watch pairs like that!