blood clots

not me if riders have blood clots how do they ride and cope with life:confused:

Blood clots are treated with anticoagulants and are given to thin the blood.
A person taking a anticoagulant, is at higher risk of bleeding.
One fall could cause external and/or internal bleeding, which can lead to serious problems.
I would talk to your doctor about the risks of riding when taking this kind of medication.

:frowning:

[QUOTE=Gideon;4852404]
Blood clots are treated with anticoagulants and are given to thin the blood.
A person taking a anticoagulant, is at higher risk of bleeding.
One fall could cause external and/or internal bleeding, which can lead to serious problems.
I would talk to your doctor about the risks of riding when taking this kind of medication.[/QUOTE]

thanks

Scared but, did it!

Iā€™ve been on blood thinners, coumadin, for 10 years; and have learned that ANY fall:eek:, I have had
many while transferring / to/ from my wheelchair, calls for an ER visit ; whether I have hit my head or not,:yes:
requires an:mad: ER visit:yes:; I admit I was nervous , VERY:D before my first ride; I had hoped it would be on my own horse;);

but, unfortunately:cry: that was not possible;I used a moving/ breathing meditation technique which, I learned from Sally Swift;) it puts you ā€œin the zoneā€ very much in synch with the horse; Iā€™ve been told that it is actually a form of self hypnosis.:cool:

Whatever, it worked of course I had a leader and a side walker;

I had a wonderful time, and felt like you do after a REALLY GOOD ride ; hope you can do it:yes:

Scared but, did it!

Iā€™ve been on blood thinners, coumadin, for 10 years; and have learned that ANY fall:eek:, I have had
many while transferring / to/ from my wheelchair, calls for a visit to the ER; whether I have hit my head or not,:yes:
requires an:mad: ER visit:yes:; I admit I was nervous , VERY:D before my first ride; I had hoped it would be on my own horse;);

but, unfortunately:cry: that was not possible;I used a moving/ breathing meditation technique which, I learned from Sally Swift;) it puts you ā€œin the zoneā€ very much in synch with the horse; Iā€™ve been told that it is actually a form of self hypnosis.:cool:

Whatever, it worked ! of course I had a leader and a side walker;

I had a wonderful time, and felt like you do after a REALLY GOOD ride ; hope you can do it:yes:

alerts

I am looking for a medical Alert bracelet; I am now seeing them in catalogs;

I also have a card I carry with my ID