Unlimited access >

Blue Ribbon Horse Trailering (cross post)

I am looking at options to ship a horse cross country this fall. Only a handful of companies have responded with a quote, and out of those the most attractive quote was from Blue Ribbon Horse Trailering (in terms of cost and time). I got a glowing review from a friend who used them in the spring for a cross country trip. I can’t find much online aside from their website and facebook page. No google reviews or anything like that. Does anyone have experience with them? The only other company I’m considering is Brookledge.

I have never heard of Blue Ribbon, but Brookledge is the gold standard.

When Brookledge could not accommodate the route I needed, they provided this link with a list of carriers that are correctly credentialed and insured for interstate commerce .
Maybe you can find a few more options here http://nationalhorsecarriers.com/members/members-list/

1 Like

No experience with them, but after a hellish experience with an unknown (but referred by a friend and with GLOWING online reviews) hauler recently, I will only use the big carriers from here on out. Brookledge is an excellent hauler and the peace of mind is worth the cost, IMO.

I just found some bizarre fb drama involving this company and a disgruntled employee. I also searched for their USDOT number and they have one but it has a “Not Authorized” status. I emailed the company to ask about the DOT status. I’m also not sure what kind of insurance they carry. Ugh I really wanted this to work but I’m thinking it’s not worth the risk. Thanks for the input.

1 Like

I used Brookledge and was really happy with the service. My friend used a different carrier for almost the exact same route (they quoted her a lower rate) and had a nightmare experience and the horse suffered for it. It pays to go with the legit companies.