Unlimited access >

Board Near Alexandria, Virginia

Hello,
I know a lot of people post on this, but I’m unable to bring up the posts I had found in the past. I am moving to Old Town Alexandria at the end of February. I currently keep my 16 year old Holsteiner gelding at a barn I absolutely love in Silver Spring, however, I’d really like to have him closer. Does anyone have recommendations for something in Virginia? We primarily do dressage, with some jumping now and again just for fun. Expecting to pay around 700/800 per month and an indoor is a MUST. Thanks so much!

[QUOTE=FocusCalmPatience;7376225]
Hello,
I know a lot of people post on this, but I’m unable to bring up the posts I had found in the past. I am moving to Old Town Alexandria at the end of February. I currently keep my 16 year old Holsteiner gelding at a barn I absolutely love in Silver Spring, however, I’d really like to have him closer. Does anyone have recommendations for something in Virginia? We primarily do dressage, with some jumping now and again just for fun. Expecting to pay around 700/800 per month and an indoor is a MUST. Thanks so much![/QUOTE]

My sister lives right across the river from Old Town and boards about 25 minutes away-excellent care, indoor, pastures, trails, quiet, etc. She has been there since 2005 or 2006. But they are a hunter barn, not sure of dressage trainers around there. Well within your price range.

Happy to put you in touch with my sister if you would like more information.

Yes that would be great! We have done some Hunters and are not opposed to a Hunter barn, though ideally we’d like a small dressage barn. But you REALLY cant beat 20 minutes! Also I would add that I work nights, so traffic is not a huge issue for me, I know a lot of posters mention in other threads how miserable traffic can be.

I ride at an eventing barn in Brandywine, MD. We’ve got people from VA and DC, including one he who lives in Old Town. I think it’s supposed to be about 25 minutes of there were no traffic.

Ok-PM sent

Looks like there are a number of stables in Brandywine, webbcutey, would you mind telling me or pming me where you ride? Do you know if they have availability? Thanks!!

Derp! I’m at Allan & Clover Sport Horses. Wonderful people, nice facility, very welcoming. We’ve had a few new horses come in over the winter, I’m not sure whether there’s space for another right now…

So I’ve looked at a couple barns and still haven’t really found what I’m looking for. Allan & Clover is a bit further than I was hoping to be, but is certainly closer than my current barn! He really receives amazing care where he is so I am inclined to keep on making the 90 minute drive until I can find something comparable. Thanks to those of you who have responded so far!! We do a bit of jumping on occasion, so it is important to have SOME jumps at the facility. I’ve also noticed some places on the MD side out past the National Harbor are quite low (read, currently under water). I may be being too fussy but I’d go nuts if I went out and found my horse standing in 4 inches of mud.

Try emailing the person I copied on my message to you-she will know of more I imagine…

Hope you find something!!

Maybe look in Poolesville, Maryland as that is less than an hour from you

Having worked in Crystal City while living in Rockville, Old Town to Poolesville is NOT less than an hour. Except maybe at 3 AM on a Saturday…