Unlimited access >

Boarding and Training near Madison, WI - need recommendations!

Hi! I am moving out to Madison, WI to start my first job at the end of this summer. I’m from Northern VA and currently compete in IHSA at school and in the adults/AO’s with my horse. My horse and I have been so lucky with our boarding and training situations at home, and I hope to find the same sort of safe and caring boarding facility when we move out to Madison. I prefer to be at a hunter barn, as I will not have a trailer to ship to a trainer, or a board-only facility with the option for a trainer to travel out to me.
So basically: I’m looking for recommendations for boarding facilities and trainers in the Madison, WI area! Any input is appreciated! Thank you!!

Breakaway Farm is just outside of Madison. Ginny and Abby Dvorak are super nice people and they have a beautiful new facility. Contact info can be found via Google or they have a Facebook page.

I am in WI as well. Central WI and there is not much around me that is HJ, Dressage or Eventing focused other than the barn I board at which is an Eventing barn (only me boarding), and is for sale. Great facility with SO many features/perks that are not common for this area and hope Hunter/Jumper, Dressage or Eventing continues here. :frowning:

So, I am following to hear more about some Hunter/Jumper Farms in that area and trainers. The only one I know of is Timeless Farm Hunter/Jumpers just outside of Madison. I have shown there before. They have schooling shows based on A circuit and clinics. Not sure if they board but would be worth checking out. http://www.timelessfarm.com/ Their FB page is more up to date.

There are more barns in the South Eastern part of the state and North Eastern that are more HJ, dressage and eventing oriented.

Felix Jaramillo and Prairie Sport Horses are another one to check out. I rode with Felix when I was a kid, and he’s a swell teacher. They host (or at least used to) their own shows and travel to shows pretty frequently. They’re located within 20 mins of campus as well, on good traffic days :lol:
http://www.prairiesporthorses.com/