Unlimited access >

Boarding around Storrs, Ct

Hey all! So I am going to be moving from Los Angeles, Ca to Storrs, Ct in May or June for a Masters program at the University of Connecticut and am looking for a boarding facility to keep my two horses, a 22 year old Arabian mare and a 9 year old Hanoverian gelding. I do dressage but haven’t competed or been in training for a while due to costs so I don’t need a super fancy training facility, just a quiet, drama free, safe place to keep my horses that has an indoor (yes I know I’m asking for a unicorn). Because we’re all Californians I’m looking for places with indoor stalls with daily turnout. My gelding has no self preservation instincts. Any suggestions would be welcome! Going to be flying out there in April to look at places in person but want a head start.

Thanks in advance!

Sending you a PM.

I don’t live in that part of the state, but I would think there are quite a few nice low key places in that area, and Pomfret, which is not too far down the road, has an awesome trail system. You might want to join the FB page CT Horsey Folk or visit Equinesite.com. It’s a regional northeast bulletin board. Welcome to CT!

1 Like

I’m sure you’ll find lots of options near there. If you want to consider some dressage barns, Beth Baumert is in Columbia and Liz Caron is in Lebanon.

Thank you all so much for your responses! I appreciate it! I’m excited about the move, and the more open spaces.