Unlimited access >

Boarding in Delaware

Can anyone help with boarding recommendations for Delaware- Middletown to Magnolia? I recently moved to Dover and need to move my horse but am finding a lot of western barns. They are nice but want somewhere that at least has jumps available. I know it might be a long shot but anyone know of any eventing barns in central DE? Or any good and safe barns I should check out? Any xcountry courses south of Middletown?

I have been totally spoiled by Fair Hill!

Maybe jleegriffith will jump on here for you. She has a lovely place not too far from you or she may know of other places.

Appreciated :slight_smile:

I’d highly recommend Jlee (Jess Redman) Here is her website:

http://www.benchmarksporthorses.com/

Most of the eventers in central area of the Delmarva peninsula have their own places and there aren’t any barns that I know of with eventing trainers in Delaware any more.

Glendale in Easton has a modest cross country course.

As far as keeping horses in an area where you can ride as an event horse should be ridden (i.e., dressage, jumping, and conditioning) I made my own acreage into something I could use to ride because there simply isn’t anything except foxhunting in winter where you do get a good bit of good riding over nice territory.

For jumping I haul out or school at home. Along with most of the others in the area, I think. Be sure to friend me on FB or send me a PM so you can be in the loop when we bring in instructors and do clinics.

I’ve brought in people like Caitlin Silliman, and Tim Bourke is also coming regularly to the area. Both Rolex riders with a lot of great things going on and good teachers.

Feel free to shoot me a message. I am in Camden, DE I have a beautiful ring with a full course of jumps and super nice footing. We have trails off the farm and we do trail riding all over to get our horses out and about. I mainly do training and sales but have two long time boarders and one just sold her horse so I have a bit of room at the moment.