Unlimited access >

Boarding in NC

Pipedreaming Time :pensive::thought_balloon:

Because Algorithms, my newsfeed is forever showing me Tiny Homes.
Today it popped up one for sale in the NC development Acony Bell.
Which Google tells me is about 1/2h from Tryon, FENCE, i.e.: Horse Heaven, All Disciplines*
*at least my preferred of Dressage, Driving & trails

For fun I searched boarding near both & found Sisterhood Stables.
FB is not active (last post 2022) & website is wonky, taking 4Ever to load.
All I managed to gather was it’s a small operation & old (4yrs) reviews liked it.
Anyone know this place?
Good, Bad, Ugly?
Any & all input welcome :grin:

I don’t know much about that facility, but I recently (about a month or so) relocated to that area. It’s absolutely lovely, essentially unlimited trails. Not currently a horse owner, but looking to purchase soon so I’ve toured a few facilities. Seems theres a lot on each end, cheap pasture/self-care and then high end full-care. Not much in the middle, from what I’ve seen, but there’s a huge variety of trainers and barns around.

For fun - there is boarding at the Biltmore (~30 mins from Acony Bell), if you want drool-worthy views every time you ride. (It is also separate from the tourist barn, thankfully)

If you don’t mind, can you give me the names of some of the Self-care places?
After having horses home for 20yrs, I’d prefer to stick with that.
Though… Boarding at Biltmore :smiley:
They have gorgeous trails to drive :heart_eyes:

1 Like

A good friend has a boarding barn in the Asheville area. She moved there from Ocala a few years ago. She has a permit to ride on the Biltmore property! Anna Toomey, in Leicester. Davis Ranch. She is on facebook.

1 Like

Board at Biltmore is like $1800/mo, which is more than twice the going rate locally. That’s not training board. GOOD board in Asheville is tough to come by… Easier to find good options south in Tryon. Also hotter, and not in paradise :wink:

1 Like

Thanks!
I sent a request - letting her know this is in Planning stage now - for board info. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I don’t know anyone personally at Sisterhood Stables. From their prior social media activity it gave the vibe of “you fit or you don’t”. My guess is strong personalities and probably a great community if you’re closely aligned with their take on care, socializing expectations, etc.

Without knowing what 30 minutes you are from FENCE it’s hard to make recommendations. The drive up to Asheville is a PITA to me from FENCE but if you’re 30 minutes further up 26 it may not be bad.

Columbus and green creek have a ton of personal barns as there is a lot of retired $$$ and people who’d rather have a 3-5 stall barn than board. Very few advertise so it tends to be word of mouth.

1 Like

Got a reply from Candace :blush:
Sounds promising.
I thanked her & let her know this wasn’t happening anytime soon for me.
But :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like