Unlimited access >

Boarding/Instruction in Rochester NY

I’m new to the Rochester area and just starting my barn and trainer search. I have been doing my own research but I would appreciate any recommended barns or any barns to maybe avoid. My horse prefers to live out so pasture board is preferred. I also like to ride year-round so an indoor is a must. I would love a barn with a decent lesson program or one that allows outside trainers but it’s certainly not a requirement. I am looking to stay more or less around the Penfield area. Willing to drive a reasonable distance (less than 45 minutes) for the right barn. I appreciate any and all feedback! Thanks in advance!

If you’re looking for a barn that shows on the rated circuit, Lehman Farms (Gail/Leslie Miller) has an established lesson/show program in Pittsford.

Amy Lear is based in Honeoye Falls - she’s phenomenal. Her program is smaller but I can’t say enough good things about her training and horsemanship. She also takes clients to local shows.

Feel free to PM me if you want to chat!

If turnout didn’t top your list I would say Huntington Meadows in Webster
They have a great lesson program and Therese and her instructors are excellent. But their turnout last I knew, not so much.

I’m not sure Mark Frohm trains anymore, but that would be my second suggestion as a trainer. His place [his dads place, Highview] had turnout… but from what I understand has been sold.

High View did get sold last year, but Mark is still training at a different facility in the area. I’m not familiar with the turnout situation at that farm.

Have no idea what their turnout situation is or if they are close enough, but know someone who has been showing with this barn the last few years. https://www.stonelanestables.com/

Where is Mark training?