Unlimited access >

Boekelo 2022

Right, the 25 penalties are also odd but I’m most curious about the DR at fence 1. I saw some pretty heavy whip use later on course but nothing at fence 1?

dangerous riding is 25 penalties points.

4 Likes

Boyd had a beautiful ride. LHS looked like she was chasing… and worried. James had a nice ride. Alyssa lost her focus in the water jump

2 Likes

Yes, Boyd’s ride looked top notch. I missed Liz’s ride.

James Alliston spun at second jog.

Has anyone heard any insight into the DR at fence 1 for Katherine Coleman?

I haven’t seen any info about the DR at the first fence. However, scoring now shows “abuse of the horse” at 8b. I was watching live and noticed heavy use of the whip at that combination. I wonder if the DR is an overall penalty and nothing do to with the actual fence 1?

3 Likes

Thank you, I wasn’t able to watch and hadn’t heard anything about her penalty.

1 Like

Does anyone know what’s happened to Maya Black? I noticed Miks Master C was sold to LHS and her other upper level horse was sold. Maya is such a talented rider, I was hoping to see her on a team in the future. She brought MMC very successfully to the 4* level. I hope she’ll be back eventing soon.

3 Likes

What happened with the rider who fell at the last fence, causing a lengthy hold on course?
Coverage on ClipMyHorse was spotty and I may have missed the announcement; sure hope she is OK.

1 Like

This was shared on her Facebook page today after she stayed overnight in the hospital.

:four_leaf_clover: Roxana is home again :four_leaf_clover:

Everyone, thank you so much for all the compassion. Military Boekelo - Enschede thanks for the quick help and good concern after the fall. For now, she seems to have mostly sustained a lot of (muscle) pain and a severe concussion. She doesn’t have 100% vision on one side yet so we’ll have to keep an eye on that. After luckily a warm reception with freshly baked cupcakes by her son, she is now lying comfortably in bed.

She thinks it’s super sweet that you all think of her and her apps but right now there are almost 80(! ) Opened apps on her phone while I updated everything yesterday. You can imagine that won’t work for the time being :see_no_evil:

Flip was already home last night and has been outside nicely with his friends since early in the morning.

2 Likes

Maya Black. In an interview…LHS was asked how she was able to acquire MMC… she said that Maya and the owner could not come to an agreement…this is the second horse Maya has lost due to a disagreement with the owner

1 Like

Liz talks about it a bit in this article too.

I think this was a very very exciting weekend for the US between Morven and Boekelo.

We had our top tier riders really step up and deliver with their next generation of horses (i.e. Paris) in a very confident way. Tamie, Liz, Boyd, and Will all sub 30 dressage, max XC penalties of 3.2 across the four, and clear show jumping across the four. Really, really impressive. Really, really good horse/rider combos.

PS: I’m so happy to finally see Boyd get to ride something that can properly show jump.

10 Likes

And throw in the silver medal finish at Patroni, and it’s even more exciting! It’s wonderful to see US riders finishing so strong.

Katherine Coleman’s XC round was just awful! The horse was slow & sticky and she whipped it quite a bit. It looked exhausted from the get go. It was terribly hard to watch.

2 Likes

She was the third, maybe even fourth, to fall on that right-hand fall-harvest table(?). I’m only 7/8 of the way through, and everyone since her fall is taking the left hand option. Some struggle still.

Whatever it was, it was not a forgiving final fence. I came here to see whether anyone else had noticed. Seriously, something is awry when some of the best in the world tumble over a final jump in a 4*. Case in point, the UK’s Richard Coney took the left-hand side, arguably the more successful option, and still barely stood up on the far side.

Still watching, and a Danish rider fell at the last fence. This seems wrong.

There is some discussion about that last fence at the end of this long thread.

1 Like

Thanks, will head over.
Right after I posted, I saw that they removed the final fence from the course.